MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

I'm not exactly sure how YSU got the game. I did notice the game was actually played at the Covelo Centre instead of YSU home court. If the HoF village ever gets around to building that arena they were talking about, I wonder if we could ever get someone to agree to play us there since it's a "neutral court".

On 12/18/2019 at 7:36 AM, NWAkron said:

Purdue v Ohio: so generous of Purdue to conveniently schedule a game in Athens when the students, the band, and cheerleaders are gone for break. Best part of game was seeing Boals in a tailor-made green suit.

PCCC v NC AT: Flushes woke up in OT against a bad team 

EMU: I wonder if the team isn't better without that head case (James Thompson, III) on the team.  Beat Northeastern at home.

Toledo had a bad loss to the UMKC Kangaroos.  Would be cool for the Zips to schedule another Marsupial.

Zips have an opportunity to separate themselves going into MAC play with two wins this week

A perfect holiday basketball mini-tournament would include the Zips, UMKC, Austin College and any other team willing to change their mascot to a kangaroo.

In addition, Austin college (D-III) would be a great way to get a W for the football team and help achieve the coolness you mentioned.

On 1/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, Zipmeister said:

Which is really the highest rated MAC team?

WMU 274

UoA   100

I'll take It's All Relative for 500, Alex. 

You can simply tell watching this team this season that they will be competing in the upper echelon of the MAC this year. They have the talent and depth to overcome their road-game shortcomings of years past, which has single handily torpedoed their seasons. The MAC is wide open for the first time in I don't know how many years, and we'll be right in the thick of things come March. 

Since this is a catch-all thread, here are the opening weekend matchups for the MAC. 

FRIDAY

Toledo @ Balls 61-57

PCCC @ BUGS 79-61

SATURDAY

Akron @ EMU 69-45

NIU @ Canada 73-72

Sweaters (OH) @ CMU 93-82

Bobkittens @ Inebriated Horses 77-65

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Love it. It makes those Akron -v- Kent games the most epic sporting events northeast Ohio has to offer.

Yes.  True Zip fans fall into two camps: Those who can stomach entering the the MAC Center and those who say "I will never, ever do that again!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Of course there is also that rare breed of Zips fans who has only been seen since or twice in nature who says they will never got to the MAC center but will if someone gives them a ticket.

Going to see Toledo and PCCC Tuesday, great seats and free of charge from my golf buddy. I am justifying this by calling it a scouting trip.

• Sad 1