2020 Zips in Pro Leagues - Domestic and International

2. Look for Jonathan Lewis to continue to make an impact.

Jonathan Lewis’ effect through five games in 2020 has been undeniable and has reportedly drawn interest from overseas. He leads the team in scoring with three goals in a mere 74 minutes played. This has him averaging 3.65 goals every 90 minutes, which is by far the highest average in MLS among players with three plus goals this season. He is also the league-leader in goals among players without a start.

“His effect has been remarkable,” Fraser said. “Every time he comes on, he’s involved in a number of attacks. Certainly has scored some really important goals for us. His work rate has been great.”

• Like 1

Top Takeaways: On goal-line play, Nagbe’s brilliance and playmaker void | Steve Zakuani

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/08/20/top-takeaways-goal-line-play-nagbe-s-brilliance-and-playmaker-void-steve-zakuani

...The 2020 Crew look really good and that’s mostly because of the form Nagbe is in. He’s not a great goalscorer but he’s certainly a scorer of great goals. The only player I’ve ever seen score a similar goal to the one he did vs. Chicago is Thierry Henry — that speaks for itself.

Darlington is someone I’ve known since he was 16. It can be hard to explain what makes him so good because the things he does, don’t fill up the stat sheet. But show me someone else who never loses the ball, can run past anyone when he wants, tracks back defensively, plays for the team and can produce the type of goal he did tonight. You can’t show me someone else because that person don’t exist. ...

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darlington, Scott, and Teal all played significant time. Darlington had the better game.

Bruce Arena is getting up there in age, I remember watching him coach in the inaugural MLS season.

• Like 1

Caleb does it again!!!! On the 10th anniversary of his National Championship with the Zips, and with his second team in the MLS!!!

Crew.jpg

Edited by Spin
  • Like 2