2020 Spring Roster

With the Spring Semester beginning on Monday, I wonder if we will soon thereafter get an update of the Men's Soccer roster.

Mani Austmann transferred to UNC Greensboro. ... https://uncgspartans.com/news/2020/1/7/mens-soccer-mani-austmann.aspx

GK Ricky Ceballos transferred to High Point ... 

Gabriel Ramos joining the Zips...

Edited by Zip_ME87

19 minutes ago, malonepioneer12 said:

I am curious why Mani transferred but that being said good luck to him and let’s hope he will regret leaving when we get our SECOND STAR!! ???

No idea either. All of what I posted is information that I came across through social media. Best wishes to Mani, but I'm looking forward to finding out more about those who are joining the Zips, too.

9 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

I agree - if you want to be a pro - come to Akron.  

Great to see some discussion on this board.    I know that there are so many zip soccer fans that are anxious to learn who the zips will have on the field for the games in the Spring.

I really think that fall 2020 is going to be a huge bounce back year for the Zips.   I think that Natnael McDonald and Ivan Nikolic (both had to miss fall 2019 due to injuries)....will really be key contributors for the 2020 Zips.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TennZip said:

Great to see some discussion on this board.    I know that there are so many zip soccer fans that are anxious to learn who the zips will have on the field for the games in the Spring.

I really think that fall 2020 is going to be a huge bounce back year for the Zips.   I think that Natnael McDonald and Ivan Nikolic (both had to miss fall 2019 due to injuries)....will really be key contributors for the 2020 Zips.   

I am in agreement with @TennZip here.  I believe 2019 was a "one off".  But I also believe that THIS Spring training and matches are critical to this happening.  Need to bring everyone together and understand each other and each other's characteristics and style.  Stop relying on their Academy's style and begin to build the ability from the past teams to play by instinct, not by thinking.

Edited by ZipsVoice
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

For anyone who might have noticed and is wondering, Tor Saunders...

https://goccusports.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster

Thank you for posting the news release and showing the spring roster.

Looks like the 2 redshirt freshman Goalkeepers ....Cameron Victor and Grant Abbott....will get a big chance this spring to show their potential and skill in spring games.