Game 17- Northern Illinois

clarkwgriswold

Never trailed. Great game. I'm glad NIU fought back, forcing us to face some adversity and respond. Hopefully Cheese's & Reece's injuries aren't serious. I thought this was one of Riak's best games in a Zips uniform, and Sayles' second best game this season (he was key against Balls). Not much more needs to be said about LCJ and Cheese other than what has already been said. Tribble provided great backcourt depth. 

Alone atop the MAC. 1-0 today. Go 1-0 on Saturday. Keep it going boys!

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LoyalZIP said:

These boys got poise!!! Another dominating defensive performance on the road and another game that was never in much doubt.

Nice board by Dawson at the end and a nice floater from Tribble! 

On to Toledo, keep it rolling.

That JAR better be packed Saturday.  Toledo lost tonight

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I won't get my hopes up. Sh*t marketing department plus people still pouting about the coach will unfortunately keep these guys from getting the support they deserve this year, I'm guessing. French just said Toledo has won 8 of the last 9 in the series. As bad as they've looked lately, they've got some players and I'm thinking this will be the first close MAC game for Akron. 

10 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

3 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

I won't get my hopes up. Sh*t marketing department plus people still pouting about the coach will unfortunately keep these guys from getting the support they deserve this year, I'm guessing. French just said Toledo has won 8 of the last 9 in the series. As bad as they've looked lately, they've got some players and I'm thinking this will be the first close MAC game for Akron. 

Is this Saturday the Emma Pfouts fundraiser? If it is, I hope it's a strong turnout. 

Also, LCJ post-game just said he ends every night with 500 makes. WOW.