Tracking 2019-20 Zips Men's Hoops in the Polls

RowdyZip

6 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Bracket Matrix has us at the 2nd 13 seed. We're fans of whoever plays Yale, Liberty, Stephen F Austin, East Tennessee State and Vermont

Assuming we keep winning

On that note, I watched part of the Vermont/Maine game last night.  Try to imagine Vermont basketball fans?  It isn't pretty.  Vermont plays in gym right out of Hoosiers.  As for East Tennessee State, they may end up facing our friend Lamont Paris and the UTC Mocs who had an upset win in the quarters of the Southern Conference tournament.

Edited by NWAkron

There really doesn't seem to be much separation between Akron and Vermont in the bracketmatrix. Obviously it would just be best for them to lose to eliminate all doubt, but we might be able to leap them anyways. Akron will be picking up better quality wins by winning its tournament than Vermont will be by winning theirs.  

On 3/6/2020 at 4:33 AM, kreed5120 said:

It heavily depends on which 1 bid conference teams win their tournaments. For example, Liberty plays Lipscomb today for the title. If Libscomb wins, they would slide behind any MAC team while Liberty would be forced to play in the NIT. If Liberty wins, they will be a 12/13 seed and be likely ahead of any MAC team on the seed list. Akron could realistically climb as high as 12 and some other MAC schools as high as 13 depending on the number of upsets.

Liberty and Lipscomb play today, Sunday at 3 PM est for the A-Sun title.  LIB v LIP on the ESPN board.  Root for the upset by the team from Nashville.

On 3/8/2020 at 9:38 AM, zippy5 said:

Bracket Matrix has us at the 2nd 13 seed. We're fans of whoever plays Yale, Liberty, Stephen F Austin, East Tennessee State and Vermont

Assuming we keep winning

Yale, Liberty, and ETSU have all clinched their conferences tourney bid. Akron probably needs at the very least for SFA to lose to have a hope at the 12 seed. Preferably both SFA and Vermont.

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Yale, Liberty, and ETSU have all clinched their conferences tourney bid. Akron probably needs at the very least for SFA to lose to have a hope at the 12 seed. Preferably both SFA and Vermont.

WHOA!  I had to check.  The Ivy League actually canceled their men's and women's basketball tournaments because of you know what!  That's SAD!!!

4 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

WHOA!  I had to check.  The Ivy League actually canceled their men's and women's basketball tournaments because of you know what!  That's SAD!!!

Yes, the long storied 4 year tradition has been cancelled. I'm sure the Harvard team and their fans are a little upset. They beat Yale 2x this year and they were the ones that were hosting the tournament this year. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

So the reddit community is hosting their own mock NCAA tournament using college hoops 2k8. You can even watch the games live on youtube (not that I am). I thought it was kind of a dumb idea until I saw they have Akron upsetting tOSU in the first round. This seems perfectly legit.

https://imgur.com/a/ozXsYA1

image.png

?

• Haha 1