2021 Recruit - Luke Brown (PG)

52 minutes ago, Blackford said:

Didn’t come across as  disrespectful I completely see your point  !He could end up with some if he has a very successful

summer but in the little bit of time I’ve been able to get to know the family and observe him as a player I think he’d be more the type to strongly consider a contributing role immediately at a smaller school with tournament prospects than get relegated to the bench mob till his senior year at a power 6 so don’t count yourselves out 

This thread will be a great re-visit if he comes here ?

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Sounds like he played for my UA intramural team? ?

That made me actually laugh nice work

....yeah they have a shot at both sectional and regional titles this year ( making it to final four of their class ...not sure if Ohio structures their season end tournament the same way ) and it’s 100% because of him ...he has one other competent/division 3 type player on the team and it goes downhill from their pretty quickly 

• 2 weeks later...

Folks I appreciate the comments and feedback you’ve provided thus far ...from an outsider ( who is also very disappointed today ) I wanted to offer my condolences on the lost post season ...I thought you guys had a great team and a shot to get in and make noise ...I was looking forward to watching.  Sorry for your seniors. 

if any of you , while it’s not a replacement and it’s certainly not a near equal consolation, have a basketball itch the IHSAA high school tournament is just about the only basketball still being played ( closed venues limited to 75 fans per team ).  You can watch Luke brown and Blackford in regional action (they won sectional championship ) this Saturday at 12 and then if they win in the championship game at 8 pm ....the games will be broadcast and streamed on the Ihsaa network premium broadcast service www.Ihsaatv.org  The replay of the game costs money but if you watch live it’s free. Good opportunity to see him play and still see some basketball !

sorry again to you fans 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blackford said:

Folks I appreciate the comments and feedback you’ve provided thus far ...from an outsider ( who is also very disappointed today ) I wanted to offer my condolences on the lost post season ...I thought you guys had a great team and a shot to get in and make noise ...I was looking forward to watching.  Sorry for your seniors. 

if any of you , while it’s not a replacement and it’s certainly not a near equal consolation, have a basketball itch the IHSAA high school tournament is just about the only basketball still being played ( closed venues limited to 75 fans per team ).  You can watch Luke brown and Blackford in regional action (they won sectional championship ) this Saturday at 12 and then if they win in the championship game at 8 pm ....the games will be broadcast and streamed on the Ihsaa network premium broadcast service www.Ihsaatv.org  The replay of the game costs money but if you watch live it’s free. Good opportunity to see him play and still see some basketball !

sorry again to you fans 

Ohio cancelled its state playoffs. Good luck to Luke Brown and Blackford!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Ohio cancelled its state playoffs. Good luck to Luke Brown and Blackford!

Thank you...I believe Michigan did also  and I’m so sorry for the kids and fans ...I’ll post an update if Ihsaa caves and cancels but if not and anyone watches let me know your thoughts 

• 5 weeks later...

Totally heart breaking for athletes across the country to have their seasons cut short ....the Blackford team was poised to win its first regional title in the entire history of the school ...brown finished the season with the state lead in scoring for the second straight year ( first person to have a chance to do it three straight years ).  In the last two weeks the end of season awards have been posted :  1. voted by Indiana basketball coches association to supreme 15 underclassman in the state 2. Voted by AP and coaches to the Indiana junior all star team ( top 18’juniors in the state but the annual game against the Kentucky all stars was cancelled ) 3. Voted by AP to 3rd team all-state.  9 seniors and 6 juniors made up the fifteen players to make an all-state team he was one of the 6 juniors ...4 of the other six have been offered or already committed to power 6 schools 

the aau season is in jeopardy and if no more games are played brown might not get a power 6 offer without a way to prove himself this summer...that gives you guys a shot in my book

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/15/2020 at 1:41 PM, Blackford said:

Great question ...I’m a big fan of the high school program and have followed it as well as his aau group closely ...I chose to post here for two reasons 1. He’s undersized by power 6 standards ...10

years ago this would be your prototypical butler type product but everyone has put a premium on athleticism ...he may be a back up plan if a power six school doesn’t get the first offers they are after but if not from what I saw against ball state you guys are the class of the mac and along with Kent state you’re a legit tournament candidate ....that would interest him ...plus your coach has lead big schools 

I have never heard of the Power 6 before. What conferences comprise it?

On 4/13/2020 at 8:04 AM, zippy5 said:

Is Gonzaga the Dayton of the West?

Gonzaga WAS the Dayton of the West ...until they built on that reputation and started getting high powered recruiting  classes ...they’re a legit blue blood program now ...no longer an over achieving little guy who out recruits and out hustles everyone finding the hidden gems 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/MCwnjSlkX0uop_P8t04hbQ/most-visited-maxpreps-player-pages-during-the-2019-20-school-year.htm?ftag=MPM-04-10aaa1f

even I was surprised by this ...Luke brown is the 23 most visited page on all of Max preps in ANY class from ANY sport. And...for the record ....I didn’t visit it more than 10-15 times so it’s not completely my fault 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Can't believe I beat Blackford to this ?

Stetson!!!!!!

Really????

Really???????

That''s disappointing.

DeLand is a wonderful place to work on your sun tan and you get to play for the 288th  rated (KenPom) 295th rated (Sagarin) bball team.

Edited by Zipmeister
update
  • Haha 2

On 7/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Can't believe I beat Blackford to this ?

I’m sorry guys ...I’ve been doing a remodel and I was so shocked by the news I’ve been radio Silent...I would have been thrilled if he had gone to ball state so he was close to home and I could see games regularly ....i would have been equally thrilled if he came your direction because I thought it Gave him his best chance to make a tournament ( and possible run ) and still was close enough to catch games.  Stetson came out of left field and I haven’t run into the family to be able to casually inquire as to the basis for that decision.  I certainly know it wasn’t my favorite 

• Like 3

On 7/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, Zipmeister said:

Stetson!!!!!!

Really????

Really???????

That''s disappointing.

DeLand is a wonderful place to work on your sun tan and you get to play for the 288th  rated (KenPom) 295th rated (Sagarin) bball team.

Couldn’t agree more from top to bottom with this comment 

• 1 year later...