spring 2020 schedule

• 2 weeks later...

https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/4/akron-announces-challenging-mens-soccer-spring-exhibition-slate.aspx

https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/27/akron-mens-soccer-announces-schedule-changes-to-spring-exhibition-campaign.aspx

2020 Akron Men's Soccer Spring Schedule
Sat., Feb. 22 - at Pittsburgh Riverhounds – Pittsburgh, Pa., 1 pm (2-2 draw)
Sun., March 8 – at Penn State – University Park, Pa., 3 pm
Sun., March 15  Sat, March 14 – at Columbus Crew (Closed Scrimmage) – Columbus, Ohio, 12 pm; vs. Notre Dame College, FirstEnergy Stadium – 6 12 pm
Sat., April 4 – vs. Pittsburgh, FirstEnergy Stadium, 3 pm; vs. Ashland, FirstEnergy Stadium, 6 pm
Sat., April 11 – at Kentucky, Lexington, Ky. – 10 am
Sat., April 18 – vs. Vaughn U20, FirstEnergy Stadium, 7 pm

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Number 12 is Jordan Seaman.

And Freshman Jordan Seaman #12 acquitted himself well, starting at RB.  He had a few questionable plays, but he also made a few brilliant plays.  He seems a Defender with a mind for offense, rather than an Midfielder repurposed to play along the back line.  He will use either foot, which is huge in my book. Today’s performance makes me want to see more.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

And Freshman Jordan Seaman #12 acquitted himself well, starting at RB.  He had a few questionable plays, but he also made a few brilliant plays.  He seems a Defender with a mind for offense, rather than an Midfielder repurposed to play along the back line.  He will use either foot, which is huge in my book. Today’s performance makes me want to see more.

I agree with your assessment of Jordan's play; he looked good at RB.

https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/3/akron-adds-four-newcomers-to-2020-mens-soccer-roster.aspx

A native of Stow, Ohio, Seaman, a defender, gained valuable playing experience with the Internationals Academy in the United States Development Academy, where he was a four-year team captain.

EMBICK ON SEAMAN – "He is a tough left back who is a very challenging player to get by and has great delivery in the final third. I love his mentality and compete level and we were excited to get him in early."

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/27/akron-mens-soccer-announces-schedule-changes-to-spring-exhibition-campaign.aspx

2020 Akron Men's Soccer Spring Schedule (UPDATED 2-27-20)
Sat., Feb. 22 - at Pittsburgh Riverhounds – Pittsburgh, Pa., T, 2-2
Sun., March 8 – at Penn State – University Park, Pa., 3 p.m.
Sat., March 14 – vs. Notre Dame College, FirstEnergy Stadium – 12 p.m.
Sat., April 4 – vs. Pittsburgh, FirstEnergy Stadium, 3 p.m.

Sat., April 11 – at Kentucky, Lexington, Ky. – 10 a.m.
Sat., April 18 – vs. Vaughn U20, FirstEnergy Stadium, 7 p.m.

home games in bold; dates with changes in blue

Edited by Zip_ME87

Penn State’s website has the Match v the Zips on March 8th at 4 pm

https://gopsusports.com/news/2020/2/26/mens-soccer-releases-2020-spring-slate.aspx

Time, date and location for all games are subject to change. Follow @PennStateMSOC on Twitter and Instagram and like the team on Facebook for the most up-to-date information.

Sun., March 8 – vs. Seton Hill (PA), noon / vs. Akron, 4 p.m. – Holuba Hall

Edited by Zip_ME87

2 hours ago, JZIP said:

Hoping this spring turns out better for the zips. If they produce like they did in the fall I will NOT be buying season tickets again !!

I understand your frustration with the 2019 season, but lots of new players will be coming in the Fall. It’s difficult to judge next season based upon Spring Exhibitions. I trust the process and that 2020 will be better, having learned from 2019. 

Agreed - let’s talk one day at a time.  Last season was disappointing....I get it but don’t jump off the ship yet.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong but aren’t we (and Stanford) the only teams that have been to the final four 3 of the last 5 years? Let’s support our guys - this is going to be a good season hopefully JZIP you won’t miss out.  

• Like 1

By the way, welcome to ZipsNation @JZIP  I'm always happy to see more Zips fans join in.

As MP12 said, please don't jump ship yet. I'm looking for a return to glory this Fall.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

Akron plays a difficult system, and it takes the right mix of personnel to make it work. It took Embick a couple years to get the right mixture after Caleb's departure, then we went to 3 out of the next 4 College Cups (including a National Title Game loss). We're gonna have some down years - every program in every sport does - but I fully expect Embick to have things turned around this year. 

Don't jump ship! 

• Like 2

That's a tough audience if you're going to give up on a team after its first losing season since 1992, in a year when they still won the MAC, and have been to the College Cup three times in five years. I don't think I'd give up on them quite yet ?