(Late) National Signing Day

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

For what its worth, none of our string of decommits from back in the season have committed anywhere yet (Jordan, Rosser, Bass, and Bulley).

For what its worth, most of the Zips who entered the transfer portal have not yet found a team or have gone to a small school.  Only Swanson has gone to Troy.  I wish everyone well, but this will be a good thing for the program as those without D1 talent will be playing at the correct level.  It also shows the lack of talent that Arth inherited.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 4:45 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Apparently didn't start till his senior year.  Maybe should have started as a junior, but the senior in front of him was entrenched, plus ended up setting a bunch of area passing records.  Janikowski is the coaches kid & apparently grew quite a bit between his junior & senior years.  Just piecing together info from various articles online.

Ryan Janikowski article

Vero Beach coach Lenny Jankowski: “Ryan’s made steady progress. I think what’s unique in his situation is that he doesn’t have a ton of game film. He’s a different creature. His body went through a transformation and he’s different looking than he was in the fall. The ball is jumping out of his hand better and he did well for himself this spring.”

Thanks for the information, but something is not adding up.  Per the article, 

'The 6-foot-3, 180-pound lefty has yet to start his first varsity game, but already has offers from Indiana, Bucknell, and Jacksonville. Jankowski has good size, a strong arm and understands the Fighting Indians offense as well as anyone.' 

Please explain how he can have 3 offers before starting a game, throws for 73% completions, 22/4 TD to Int ratio, and he does not get signed in the early period and he falls to the Zips.  I am hoping that this is a repeat of the Ben Roghlisberger situation.  Ben did not start until his senior year because he sat behind the coaches son who was a grade ahead.  Then, with a great senior season, most of the teams had their QB and he ended up at Miami, and the rest is history. He had to wait until the coaches son graduated.  With Janikowski, he is the coaches son and sat.  

Am I the only one who didn't realize tomorrow was the late signing day? Don't know why I thought it was mid-Feb.

https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/4/watch-as-akron-football-commitments-post-on-wednesday.aspx

I think there are 6 spots left. Absent any surprises, we should be looking at:

Konata Mumpfield (WR)

Dimarco Johnson (DB)

Charles Amankwaa (DB)

Tobias Thomas (DB)

Ryan Jankowski (QB)

George Qualls (JUCO WR)

Edited by LZIp