(Late) National Signing Day

So that puts us at 6, which means we should be full now, unless there is something I don't know. Julius Hawkins and Ronald Jackson were surprises, who both had admirable offer lists. Konata Mumpfield and Tobias Thomas potential non-qualifiers and/or greyshirt candidates?

Bio of today's signees: https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/4/watch-as-akron-football-commitments-post-on-wednesday.aspx 

Interesting notes - Konata Mumpfield and Ryan Jankowski are going to greyshirt and enroll in spring of 2021, counting towards next year's class. So, assuming 26 total available, it appeared we were at 27 with today's signings, but are actually at 25. Its tough to find anything out there about a player being medically disqualified creating an extra "counter" and allowing a team to sign more than 25, but I'm trusting @ComettoZip's word there. 

With that, there is still potentially 1 open scholly out there. We are currently 9 under the limit and can maybe get it to 8. There is no doubt players will end up transferring. This handcuff is worth keeping in mind throughout the year. We are doing everything we can to get to a "level" playing field, with likely less talented players overall, while much of the stable opposition is looking for ways to shed players so that they can bring in more talented ones.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Bio of today's signees: https://gozips.com/news/2020/2/4/watch-as-akron-football-commitments-post-on-wednesday.aspx 

Interesting notes - Konata Mumpfield and Ryan Jankowski are going to greyshirt and enroll in spring of 2021, counting towards next year's class. So, assuming 26 total available, it appeared we were at 27 with today's signings, but are actually at 25. Its tough to find anything out there about a player being medically disqualified creating an extra "counter" and allowing a team to sign more than 25, but I'm trusting @ComettoZip's word there. 

With that, there is still potentially 1 open scholly out there. We are currently 9 under the limit and can maybe get it to 8. There is no doubt players will end up transferring. This handcuff is worth keeping in mind throughout the year. We are doing everything we can to get to a "level" playing field, with likely less talented players overall, while much of the stable opposition is looking for ways to shed players so that they can bring in more talented ones.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 14.01 kB · 4 downloads

Great chart but I believe your missing  Stuhldreer, Gillespie, and Delaurio. Its my understanding that these young men were put on scholarship.

2 minutes ago, UA1987 said:

Thanks for putting this chart together. I believe Eric Bentley is now on the DL and i think RB Cole Gest may get two years if he stays healthy.   

You're correct on both accounts. I'll refine classes/positions once spring roster is released.

13 hours ago, LZIp said:

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 14.01 kB · 10 downloads

Out of curiosity, why are some players highlighted blue and others gold? I imagine it's supposed to distinguish between something, but can't figure out what exactly.

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Out of curiosity, why are some players highlighted blue and others gold? I imagine it's supposed to distinguish between something, but can't figure out what exactly.

To distinguish position groups. You'll notice some groups might have only one player (like Sampson at DE). I just pulled those off of the roster, though not all may be correct due to changes within the past year (like Bentley).