Game 22- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Really good stuff. Stokes up what truly is one of the better mid-major college rivalries (I'm not bias - you're bias) ahead of a key matchup. There have been some awesome games. That 2011 Title Game was one for the ages. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

My favorite video from a Zips/Flashes contest.

Singletary with his hands in the air telling the ref "Who me, no way".

Geno playing the innocent leader of a group of thugs.

Senderhoff sheepishly sitting on the bench.

Wow.  Our current asst coach's brother Geno.  And Ohio U's current coach on Akron bench.

39 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Thanks for breaking the silence on here B & G.  It's an amazing rivalry.  And unless you have gone to one of the schools and been to the games, you just don't get it.  Was talking with a Kent grad at work, and he said he was at the Singletary Ejection game.  I said something like Cant Read, Cant Write... He laughed.  Whatever happened to the AKRowdy poster of the weeping PCCC cheerleader?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Thanks for breaking the silence on here B & G.  It's an amazing rivalry.  And unless you have gone to one of the schools and been to the games, you just don't get it.  Was talking with a Kent grad at work, and he said he was at the Singletary Ejection game.  I said something like Cant Read, Cant Write... He laughed.  Whatever happened to the AKRowdy poster of the weeping PCCC cheerleader?

@Captain Kangaroo @GoZips88

Do either of you two have the picture?

The "We Suck" sign is also Hall of Fame material. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

On 1/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, Captain Kangaroo said:

It was probably me that wrote it. ?

I think Utomi's departure allowed Cheese and Banks to flourish. It helped us play the up-tempo, "Groce style of play." But you're right, having him in the rotation instead of the "Freshman 3" would be a huge upgrade. 

OT: ( I watched most of the first half of the USC/Utah game tonight.  Utomi played quite a bit, and he's got a nice gig there.  He doesn't have to break a sweat.  I think the only movement he made was waving his arms around hoping his teammates would throw him the ball so he could shoot from one of his set positions.  He also shoved some of the Utah guys around.  He still  has that deadpan expression.  Not a player that Groce would call "Impactful.")

That incident at the end of a great moment for the Zips was unfortunate and I believe started due to something totally accidental. That being said we don't have to like our rivals but we don't need to show our dislike for them in an overly disrespectful manner. Its a great rivalry and both sides have taken it too far at times. As an Akron alum, though,  I just want to see those supporting my alma mater stay classy even if it is against our most vehement rival.

GO ZIPS!