Way Too Early 2020-21 Schedule

Let'sGoZips94

According to this, Akron will be participating in the Gulf Coast Showcast next season. 

This season's participants include a cluster of teams that resembles something the Houston Astros are very familiar with...

image.png

Previous fields don't give me much confidence. I just hope the 2020-21 field is a bit more full. Otherwise I might be banging my head against a trash can, not to signal an off-speed pitch is coming, but rather this tournament sucks. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

Drake, Wright State, and Murray State are all solid mid-major, but those are the types of teams you should try to schedule H&H with. These neutral court tournaments are the type of games we should be looking to play the Louisville and WVU of the world as this provides us the best opportunity at getting those wins.

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Drake, Wright State, and Murray State are all solid mid-major, but those are the types of teams you should try to schedule H&H with. These neutral court tournaments are the type of games we should be looking to play the Louisville and WVU of the world as this provides us the best opportunity at getting those wins.

My thoughts exactly.  This is a very nice mid-major tournament.  But that's not really what I'd be looking for in a pre-season tournament.  We need chances to knock off P-5 teams on a neutral court.  But we're going to have a lot of new pieces in the lineup next year so this should give us more manageable games in which to gel, assuming next year's field is similar to the field this year.

When is the last time we took one of those summer trips?  This might be a good summer to travel with the team considering we're going to have at least 3 new starters next season; starters who have never played a minute in a Zips uniform.

Edited by Blue & Gold

36 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

My thoughts exactly.  This is a very nice mid-major tournament.  But that's not really what I'd be looking for in a pre-season tournament.  We need chances to knock off P-5 teams on a neutral court.  But we're going to have a lot of new pieces in the lineup next year so this should give us more manageable games in which to gel, assuming next year's field is similar to the field this year.

When is the last time we took one of those summer trips?  This might be a good summer to travel with the team considering we're going to have at least 3 new starters next season; starters who have never played a minute in a Zips uniform.

Just curious; how do you know the three new starters on next years team will never have played a minute in a Zips uniform?

56 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Just curious; how do you know the three new starters on next years team will never have played a minute in a Zips uniform?

Just a guess. I think Maishe Dailey, Bryan Trimble & Taylor Currie will all be starters next year. But I could be totally wrong.