Game 22.5- The Bye Week

clarkwgriswold

Our Zips go into a much needed bye week at a very respectable 16-6.   After a fast start, the Zips have dropped 3 of their last 5.  To their good fortune, it has been a relatively injury free year.  LCJ has been outstanding and is clearly a candidate for MAC POY.  X has been a welcome and valuable addition.  Cheese remains a vital cog and is great when he is aggressive off of the dribble.  Banks has been good in spurts and is probably the best perimeter defender.  Reece while undersized is the best inside presence.  Riak has had his issues but helps guide the defense when he's on the floor.  The newbies have seemed to have leveled out.  Hopefully, the Zips can build some leads and get them some experience while the above guys get some rest before the tournament. 

Other than some rest, what do you hope to see the Zips get out of the bye week?

I will throw up an EMU thread after the Tuesday games.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

1 hour ago, monrowe said:

I hope to see a bench develop out of the bye week Clark.Kent State doesn’t have a bench either.No MAC team really has dominant subs.It comes down to strength and conditioning and the zips need improvement in that area some way?

looking at the box score, I noticed that Kent doesn't have a bench either (BG looks to have some good bench play).   

Zips need to keep doing what they are doing.  They surprised all of us and hit a rough patch that all the better teams in the MAC hit other than BG..and their day is coming.

The last three games were decided by a total of 5 points, and there were some serious end of game issues.  I don't know if that is luck, lack of experience, or mental breakdowns.  While the 20 year olds may be physically tough enough to play 35 minutes per game they need to be mentally strong as well.   

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I hate having a bye after a loss. The nice thing about basketball is after a loss you only normally have to wait a few days to get a chance to get a taste of defeat out of your mouth. 

And even with Eastern Michigan coming to town nothing can be taken for granted.  Both Toledo and EMU looked horrible Saturday.