Game 24- Bowling Green

clarkwgriswold

5 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Zips are doing a far better job of slowing down Turner than BG is doing on LCJ.  Somebody needs to step up and help LCJ on offense in the second half.  

Last year Zips held Turner to 0 points in the first half only for him to drop 23 in the 2nd half. Don't jinx us.

• Sad 1

Great win for the Zips.  Most importantly did not let them back in the game.

MD is right on Riak.  He was big on defense tonight when BG went to the basket.  He disrupted a lot of shots.

Loved how they mixed up the defense tonight.  Trapping on the ball screen then switching it then getting through the picks; man to man then 1-3-1 then back to man.   Kept them on their toes all night.

• Like 1

I'm sure you all appreciated that I didn't have a "we are doomed" meltdown tonight.

Nice crowd.  No gimmicks.  Just folks wanting to see good basketball.

BG probably didn't feel the loss of Frye v Toledo, but it hit them hard tonight.  Turner has an early turnover doing the work Frye would be doing.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Here's the troubling aspect to tonight's game...Just five total assists.  Are opponents learning how to break down our offense?  (Didn't get to watch it...)

It wasn't as troubling when watching. Our guards are more athletic and they left a lot of open holes to drive through.