Game 24- Bowling Green

clarkwgriswold

A few thoughts on last night & stuff in general:

• Best all around performance in three weeks
  • LCJ kept his poise and kept playing his game, I love the little screen and pop they run for him at the top, that could be lethal as teams begin to lock down on him
  • Outside of 40 missed bunnies to start the game, Riak played well and if he and Reece play like that (stay out of foul trouble, make efficient plays, keep Sayles off the floor, etc.), it will go a long way. And when they do need to go to Sayles, he needs to play like he did Saturday. Groce says be an "NBA All-Star in your role," and I think that applies to Sayles more than anyone else on the team. My hot take for the day.
  • X is a great rebounder, and he continues to find the ball well. He's a great finisher too, which helps when he's slinging bricks
    • Speaking of, he's been off for a few weeks. His shot is broken right now and at times it seems his head is elsewhere. We'll see what happens there.
  • The bench mob is beginning to do the whole NBA All-Star thing too, and they were able to replicate their performance from Saturday. That will be what decides if we end our tournament drought in March, if I had to predict. 
  • I thought Channel was for sure going to get a technical. I love how he shows personality, but man you gotta chill. 
  • Love that perimeter D, and BG has a nice back court. Closing out on shooters was big too, though we were fortunate that Fields missed  few open looks. Everyone made it hard on Turner too, and that was HUGE
  • I wish Plowden played for Akron
  • On to the next one, biggest game of the season so far, hard road trip against a team that's "chomping at the bit" after a couple losses in a row

15 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

A few thoughts on last night & stuff in general:

• X is a great rebounder, and he continues to find the ball well. He's a great finisher too, which helps when he's slinging bricks
    • Speaking of, he's been off for a few weeks. His shot is broken right now and at times it seems his head is elsewhere. We'll see what happens there.

I'd qualify this with his 3-pt shot has been off. His mid-range jumper is about as deadly as I've ever seen, though. Love that he has that in his arsenal. 

@Z.I.P. I don't know where to find a stat sheet that has a lay-up count, but @kreed5120 is spot on with our versatility and ability to take advantage of what the defense was giving us. We had a lot of dribble-drives that either ended in a mid-short-range jumper or a lay-up. It was fun to watch. This is partly why I think this team will be so dangerous come March, and why I am not worried about any of our losses. We have a strong ability - it seems - to overcome adversity, keep fighting, and adapt to the flow of a game. Sometimes it's not always enough (i.e. Toledo, PCCC), but more often than not we've seen it has been enough, way more than enough. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

There are gonna be a lot of people getting mixed up with a Tribble and a Trimble on the floor at the same time. 

Let's just hope Tito Francona isn't on the sidelines making the substitutions. 

image.png

Also, are we forgetting about the possibility of LCJ coming back next year? 

18 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Also, are we forgetting about the possibility of LCJ coming back next year? 

Possibility, or probability? 

LCJ is great...but he's a eminently more guardable if he's our only perimeter threat.

But I'll enjoy this ride, and worry about next season once April rolls around. ?