Game 25- Central Michigan

clarkwgriswold

Off of an impressive win against BG, the Zips head to Mount Pleasant Friday night to face the 13-10 Chippewas.  6'5" senior guard Kevin McKay leads the Chipps in scoring and rebounding at 15 ppg and nearly 7 rpg.  David DiLeo scores 14+ while kicking in nearly 5 rpg.  While their overall record is not outstanding they are 11-2 at home with wins over NIU, Toledo, Ball State and BG in Mount Pleasant.  They are coming off of two losses to Canada and Eastern.  They were predicted to finish 4th in the West.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

7 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Off of an impressive win against BG, the Zips head to Mount Pleasant Saturday to face the 13-10 Chippewas.  6'5" senior guard Kevin McKay leads the Chipps in scoring and rebounding at 15 ppg and nearly 7 rpg.  David DiLeo scores 14+ while kicking in nearly 5 rpg.  While their overall record is not outstanding they are 11-2 at home with wins over NIU, Toledo, Ball State and BG in Mount Pleasant.  They are coming off of two losses to Canada and Eastern.  They were predicted to finish 4th in the West.

It is a Friday night game at 7 on ESPNU.  The Zips get to play on national TV!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Off of an impressive win against BG, the Zips head to Mount Pleasant Saturday to face the 13-10 Chippewas.  6'5" senior guard Kevin McKay leads the Chipps in scoring and rebounding at 15 ppg and nearly 7 rpg.  David DiLeo scores 14+ while kicking in nearly 5 rpg.  While their overall record is not outstanding they are 11-2 at home with wins over NIU, Toledo, Ball State and BG in Mount Pleasant.  They are coming off of two losses to Canada and Eastern.  They were predicted to finish 4th in the West.

DiLeo scored 12points in the final 48 seconds against EMU.  Just sayin... EMU didn't totally choke from FT line.

Hopefully the revenge tour gets back on track. Zips should've swept them last year but lost the game on the road, choking away a late lead before going down at the buzzer in OT. From what I've seen, this may be Keno's least talented team in a while, but they play decent basketball together and have the potential to be really good. They don't have Austin and Roundtree in the back court anymore, but they are still tough and that road trip will never be a cake walk.

50 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Cool that we are included but gotta get there first. Tomorrow is going to be tough, CMU is way better at home than they are on the road.

I cringe every time ZipsNation starts getting too excited.  I've been an NEO sports fan for too long and I am always looking for that train (felony indictment, DV arrest. season ending injury...) hiding around the bend.

Just get me to Cleveland with a decent seed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Is this Chipps team any good? Their record doesn't indicate so with a loss to Valpariso by 22. 

They're an okay team. They can be a pretty decent team when they're able to dictate pace. They become extremely exposed offensively and defensively when they have to play a half court game. Toure absolutely destroyed them last game as they had no answer. It's why I said earlier in the thread that Reece may have a big day.  

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

They're an okay team. They can be a pretty decent team when they're able to dictate pace. They become extremely exposed offensively and defensively when they have to play a half court game. Toure absolutely destroyed them last game as they had no answer. It's why I said earlier in the thread that Reece may have a big day.  

That's the consensus I've arrived at as well. The zips need to win, handily, and keep their positive momentum going. If they can beat BG the way they did, logically, they should be able to roll this team.