Game 25- Central Michigan

clarkwgriswold

Groce is really using his bench a lot more the past few games.  I think it really helps the team in the last 10 minutes of the game if all the players are not playing 30 plus minutes.  I saw a nice play by Ali and then watched Tribble and Ali look at each other on an easy rebound that turned into 2 points for Central Michigan.   Jackson is having an outstanding game.  Once again we started out cold from the 3 line and started 1 of 7.  The last 3 games we have started very cold from the 3 line.  Central Michigan has a bunch of offensive rebounds but many are off of long rebounds where the Zips have inside position.  This looks like it is going to be a close game the rest of the way.

Playing the bench guys in the first half is really making a difference.  These guys are closing out games because they are getting some rest in the first half.  Groce has found a great rotation.  Reese has really been playing well.  We often wondered how good Akron would be with a dominant point guard and Jackson is that guard.  I can't recall a player improving so much from one season to another.  HE is doing everything right from not turning the ball over to shooting the ball well, hitting shots in the paint and shooting the ball from 3.  Adding that runner to his game has really made him almost unstoppable at times.  Fun game to watch. 

• Like 5