Game 26- Western Michigan

clarkwgriswold

The Zips head to Kalamazoo Tuesday to face “Crash” Hawkins’ 11-14 Broncos.  They are coming off of losses to the Kittens and the EMUs. West Division Preseason All-MAC Team 6’1” junior guard Michael Flowers continues to lead the Broncos in scoring at 17 ppg.   6’8” junior forward Brandon Johnson is a force inside, averaging 15 ppg and 8 rpg.

The Zips beat beat the Broncos 84-79 at the JAR on January 7th led by LCJ’s 26.  As I recall, WMU came back a little in the second half but then LCJ hit three straight 3s as the Zips pulled away.  The Zips will be looking for their 7th road win!

I will put this info here since there won't be too many posts leading up to this game.

Akron is the best FT shooting team in the MAC.  In conference play Akron is 81.2%.  

I looked at the three losses and found this interesting stat:

Toledo:     average 75%  hit 89% (10 point loss)

Buffalo:    average 68%  hit 87%  (3 point loss)

Ravenna:  average 71% hit 80%  (1 point loss)   in that game Akron was 12-14 and Ravenna was 12-15.

15 hours ago, NWAkron said:

I will put this info here since there won't be too many posts leading up to this game.

Akron is the best FT shooting team in the MAC.  In conference play Akron is 81.2%.  

I looked at the three losses and found this interesting stat:

Toledo:     average 75%  hit 89% (10 point loss)

Buffalo:    average 68%  hit 87%  (3 point loss)

Ravenna:  average 71% hit 80%  (1 point loss)   in that game Akron was 12-14 and Ravenna was 12-15.

We would have lost to EMU had EMU shot their season average.

• Like 1

Should be an ass-whooping. We're the better team and if they can stop #12 it should be smooth sailing. I watched Akron play WMU at the JAR. I thought Akron played a sub-par game, however, they still walked away with a win and the team is much improved from early January.