Game 26- Western Michigan

clarkwgriswold

35 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The best time for X to be in a shooting slump is right now. Every player goes through some sort of slump. You could say last night was a FT slump at the end of the game for LCJ. X has proven he's a big moment player, and I think the slump will be broken in Cleveland at the latest. 

Sayles has really improved this season. I don't think he played much earlier in the year because I don't think he was up to speed with Groce's system. Bought in? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he was ready for the speed of the offense yet. He looks way more alert and ready recently, proven by his reception of LCJ's passes in the paint. He's going to be an asset in Cleveland. 

We (mostly @ClarkGriswold) are getting greedy.  We want those double digit wins even on the road!.  Without X or Channel not making 3s consistently,  these are and will be 1-2-3 possession games.  Sigh.

39 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

......Sayles has really improved this season. I don't think he played much earlier in the year because I don't think he was up to speed with Groce's system. Bought in? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he was ready for the speed of the offense yet. He looks way more alert and ready recently, proven by his reception of LCJ's passes in the paint. He's going to be an asset in Cleveland. 

Improved? How can you tell? He's been on the bench all season.

Somebody else mentioned good hands and footwork. The primary attributes of an effective big man, in my opinion. Why has someone with these natural abilities not been playing? I just don't get it.

I've watched Jayden since he was a freshman. He was coming into his own until that horrible season ending fall. Has not really had much of an opportunity since. I'm not surprised he was effective last night. I'd really like to see him become more of a factor going forward. Lord knows we need help at that position.

• Like 1

Because I'm bored at work, decided to work up a graph of cumulative shooting percentages for the Zips.  When MAC season opened, the team was shooting 0.374 on 3s, peaked at .400 @OU and has since regressed to 0.377.  Overall shooting percentages have mirrored that trend> .436->.455->.445.  Let's just hope it's a little slump and not tired legs.  The starters have been playing a TON of minutes.

image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

No doubt.  I think he's a great addition to the team.  Plays hard and appears to be a great teammate.  Unfortunately, he's in an awful shooting slump.  His last 4 games:

Western- 1-12 from the field, 0-6 from 3 point

Central- 3-11 from the field, 1-7 from 3 point

BG- 4-8 from the field, 0-3 from 3 point

Eastern- 4-13 from the field, 2-10 from 3 point

That works out to 12-44 (27%) from the field and  3-26 (12%) from 3 point range.  That's abysmal for a kid of his talent level.  I trust he'll find it as he is a hard worker and isn't shutting down like some kids do.  A kid like him needs to shoot his way out of it and I trust he will.  Another factor in it is that defenses have adjusted and are pressuring him at the 3 point line, but there's no reason he shouldn't be a 35% three point shooter and I trust he'll get it back.

We won 4 games with one of our best players in a shooting slump.  That says a great deal about the potential of this team.  He started the season shooting poorly.  He then shot lights out and now is slumping again.  He admitted during a post game interview once that the reason for his poor shooting was that he was settling for shots instead of working for shots.  It looks like he is back to that tendency.  His slump started in the Eastern game where they really pressure the ball on the perimeter.  We will need his shooting against Buffalo and BG. 

58 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

We won 4 games with one of our best players in a shooting slump.  That says a great deal about the potential of this team.  He started the season shooting poorly.  He then shot lights out and now is slumping again.  He admitted during a post game interview once that the reason for his poor shooting was that he was settling for shots instead of working for shots.  It looks like he is back to that tendency.  His slump started in the Eastern game where they really pressure the ball on the perimeter.  We will need his shooting against Buffalo and BG. 

Yep.  I also think some of the early competition may not have understood that he was a good shooter.  If you look back he had a lot more good looks from guys on him not tightening up on the perimeter early in the MAC season.  That's not happening now.  

34 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

I'll never get enough of the gun girl.

I believe the refs called the kicking thing on a three point shot last night against WM

They called it and our commenting crew could not figure out the call and thought it was a bad call.  I am glad the games are televised but sometimes I cannot figure out what is worse, the commentators, how the commercials are 1000 decibels higher than the commentators, or watching the same commercials over and over and over again.

3 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

They called it and our commenting crew could not figure out the call and thought it was a bad call.  I am glad the games are televised but sometimes I cannot figure out what is worse, the commentators, how the commercials are 1000 decibels higher than the commentators, or watching the same commercials over and over and over again.

Regghi and Windon are head and shoulders above the rest 

6 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

IMO - you’re 50% right.

I want to see Jackie gets bigger games on a national platform. She is flat-out good. Reghi I can tolerate, but Jackie is the best. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, mivid12 said:

the disease of liberalism where fiction & lunacy collide...your side behaved like unhinged lunatics..of course that's expected

Well, if you're interested in facts...

This young lady drove onto campus in Athens and turned on a very loud, train-like siren. She then exited the vehicle with a microphone and cameraman and approached an African-American student to request a "man on the street" interview. She then asked, "Don't you feel blacks should thank whites for the fact that we don't permit slavery today?"

Question to an LGBT couple: "Why do you feel you have the same rights as everyone else?"

With a few more of these gems, she had a crowd. She then started spewing crap about how she was going to bring an army of gun owners to campus.

Gun Girl came to town with plans to upset people, capture some audio/video of students calling her names and then repackage that content - with strategic editing - to advance her agenda.

The dangerous power of social media.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jupitertoo said:

Well, if you're interested in facts...

This young lady drove onto campus in Athens and turned on a very loud, train-like siren. She then exited the vehicle with a microphone and cameraman and approached an African-American student to request a "man on the street" interview. She then asked, "Don't you feel blacks should thank whites for the fact that we don't permit slavery today?"

Question to an LGBT couple: "Why do you feel you have the same rights as everyone else?"

With a few more of these gems, she had a crowd. She then started spewing crap about how she was going to bring an army of gun owners to campus.

Gun Girl came to town with plans to upset people, capture some audio/video of students calling her names and then repackage that content - with strategic editing - to advance her agenda.

The dangerous power of social media.

You're wasting your time. People (democrat or republican) don't care about facts if it doesn't fit their political agenda.

If politics must be talked about on this forum, can we please limit it to the off topics section?

• Haha 1