Game 27- Miami- Saturday at 4:00 p.m.

clarkwgriswold

The 10-15 cellar dwelling Miami Redhawks visit the JAR Saturday for a 4:00 p.m. game against the Zips.  The Redhawks are 3-9 in the MAC and were on a 4 game losing streak before beating West Division leader NIU at Oxford last Saturday.   The win was even more impressive given that the Redhawks’ leading scorers, Nike Sabande and Dalonte Brown were out.  Miami held the Huskies to 39.4% (21-of-53) from the floor and allowed just five three-pointers (5-of-16).

Sabande continues to lead Redhawk scoring at 13.3 ppg.  Brown scores 11 ppg while leading rebounding at 5.7 rpg.      

18 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I was really hoping for a Saturday night, 7 pm game. Disappointed to see it moved to 4pm. Pre-gaming at The Score or elsewhere isn't nearly as fun at 2:30 pm as it is at 5:30 pm.

A colleague at work who is going on Saturday was upset they moved the game.  It's an awesome Saturday night activity.  But it's better than Noon, 1pm, or 2pm for that matter.  Not sure why they change it when the game isn't televised.

Also, I looked at the ESPN schedule for Saturday's game and that "20-6" sure looks nice next to Akron!

On 2/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, ZipsVoice said:

Doesn't or didn't the Horizon League do theirs that way?

This is the standard practice of the Ohio Valley Conference . Don't think the Horizon does this. I like the idea for a few reasons.  Primarily that It gives the women's game a little more exposure to fans that otherwise may not have had any previous desire to attend one of their games. It does puts a few more butts in the seats and those girls work as hard as the guys . They deserve it.   One of the drawbacks in the OVC is that the men's game almost always starts later than the listed tip time.  Another negative for some is that the two games with the break in between can take up to 5 hours to complete. 

On 2/19/2020 at 7:57 AM, kreed5120 said:

I'd be more interested in a doubleheader if the women's team was actually good. Even worse this team plays a heavy number of seniors and is still bad so it's not like I'd be watching a young team develop into being good.

There are worse things than a .500 women’s BB team....Watch a Zips FB game lately! Just sayin 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

When I saw the 4:00 I assumed it was being broadcast on something other that ESPN plus.  I just realized it's a doubleheader with the women's team. 

I like going to doubleheaders, especially when the women's games are first. I just wish the starting times were a little closer together. 1 and 4 makes for a l-o-n-g afternoon.