Akron 2020 Schedule

kreed5120

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's already a done deal.....MAC statement says "Suspend formal and organized practices until further notice."  Given what's happened this week, "further notice" wouldn't come soon enough to get fit and ready.....just MHO......

#1 all sports Zips fan, Ron from Canton, flippantly thinks that the MAC and the University are going to soon announce a 2020 home football schedule change that shifts all games to weeknights for the Zips and then unnecessarily proclaim that no fans are to participate in the season.  ?

Edited by UA1987

2 hours ago, UA1987 said:

#1 all sports Zips fan, Ron from Canton, flippantly thinks that the MAC and the University are going to soon announce a 2020 home football schedule change that shifts all games to weeknights for the Zips and then unnecessarily proclaim that no fans are to participate in the season.  

That would seem a bit premature given that the season is 5 months away. From what I've read it sounds like the virus in China has been contained and there has been a sharp decline in new cases over the past few weeks. We may experience something similar in the next month or two.

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

That would seem a bit premature given that the season is 5 months away. From what I've read it sounds like the virus in China has been contained and there has been a sharp decline in new cases over the past few weeks. We may experience something similar in the next month or two.

IMHO, it would be great if this is the first time those lying SOBs are telling the truth?

This is really playing into the Zips hands.

If the football season is played, but fans are not allowed into the games, the Zips have a leg up on opponents as they are used to playing in front of no one.

If football season is cancelled altogether, we cannot lose games, so that is a plus.

10 hours ago, DannyHoke said:

This is really playing into the Zips hands.

If the football season is played, but fans are not allowed into the games, the Zips have a leg up on opponents as they are used to playing in front of no one.

If football season is cancelled altogether, we cannot lose games, so that is a plus.

The season will not happen if they are unable to let fans into the stadiums.  If the pandemic is still at that heightened level of concern by September (which it will be) we have other things to worry about than NCAA football.

6 hours ago, John Ward said:

How about all you all nay sayers and disbelievers go crawl under a rock with all your negative outlooks and refrain from posting as your opinion is really discouraging especially during this time . Say something positive or just keep it to yourself. Enough said !  

I'm POSITIVELY hoping the Zips can win 3 games in 2020.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John Ward said:

How about all you all nay sayers and disbelievers go crawl under a rock with all your negative outlooks and refrain from posting as your opinion is really discouraging especially during this time . Say something positive or just keep it to yourself. Enough said !  

Why is being realistic being a "nay-sayer"?  How about this: I EXPECT the Zips to win 1 game this year.  Anything over that and I'll be happy.  Anything under that will be unacceptable to me.  That positive enough for you?

You cannot objective look at our schedule and see any more than 1 win.  

Edited by Zip-Grad '13

1 hour ago, Zip-Grad '13 said:

Why is being realistic being a "nay-sayer"?  How about this: I EXPECT the Zips to win 1 game this year.  Anything over that and I'll be happy.  Anything under that will be unacceptable to me.  That positive enough for you?

You cannot objective look at our schedule and see any more than 1 win.  

I think you are going to be happy.

We have a punchers chance against New Mexico State and UMass and I'm hoping one of our conference opponents takes us too lightly and stubs their toe.

Sadly, I don't think we can count on beating YSU.

NMSU, UMass, YSU, and BGSU are all winnable games. We won't win all 4 of these, but winning 2-3 of them is certainly doable. We may even sneak in a win against someone not on this list.

I see no problem with people posting 1-2 win predictions as long as they're not doing it in a trolling manor. We went 0-12 last year so us going something like 2-10 certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. You can be a fan of Akron, but still provide an objective view of the team. Our football program has stunk for nearly the entirety of our 30 year FBS existence. I would have thought we'd have thicker skin by now.

Edited by kreed5120

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

NMSU, UMass, YSU, and BGSU are all winnable games. We won't win all 4 of these, but winning 2-3 of them is certainly doable. We may even sneak in a win against someone not on this list.

I see no problem with people posting 1-2 win predictions as long as they're not doing it in a trolling manor. We went 0-12 last year so us going something like 2-10 certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. You can be a fan of Akron, but still provide an objective view of the team. Our football program has stunk for nearly the entirety of our 30 year FBS existence. I would have thought we'd have thicker skin by now.

People can post their predictions. Im good with that. Its all the other sly comments etc. Unless some of these people are living in another world and unaffected by this virus that has basically shut us down,I like to hear positive things. Misery breeds company and that kind of posters we dont want.Say something positive.