Akron 2020 Schedule

kreed5120

I can't help myself in joining in on this discussion. I hope the Zips can win 4 games, but I feel to start the process in getting the fanbase back they must win 3. The bar has not been set too high IMHO.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:32 PM, John Ward said:

People can post their predictions. Im good with that. Its all the other sly comments etc. Unless some of these people are living in another world and unaffected by this virus that has basically shut us down,I like to hear positive things. Misery breeds company and that kind of posters we dont want.Say something positive.

I'm positive that some blowhards are not overly sensitive jerks that think they know what other people want. 

Edited by Zipmeister

It's a FORUM.  A forum is a place to exchange thoughts and ideas, not a one sided discussion.  Say the same damn thing over and over and over and it gets on my nerves, but not seeing a lot of wins this year is not a problem.

Teams don't instantly go from zero wins to a winning record.  This is a season to see progress on the field or start second (or third) guessing the Arth hiring.  4 four wins would be a huge success.  2 or 3 is a more likely outcome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, John Ward said:

Lets pray this does not happen. These young men put a lot of work in each and everyday.

Every team puts in work each and every day.  Big f'ing deal.  Akron has weak coaches and less talent than other teams.  Little hope of change without time on the field and no spring = disaster.

6 hours ago, DannyHoke said:

Every team puts in work each and every day.  Big f'ing deal.  Akron has weak coaches and less talent than other teams.  Little hope of change without time on the field and no spring = disaster.

Well Mr Hoke Poke since you care less why even post your worthless opinion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Ward said:

Meister .. you and Hoke Poke need to create your own blog called “ Misery breeds company” Come join our negative blog. Son ,Get it together boy!

On 3/22/2020 at 4:30 PM, Zipmeister said:

I'm positive that some blowhards are not overly sensitive jerks that think they know what other people want. 

I'm also positive that you are proof that some blowhards are overly sensitive jerks that think they know what other people want.

8 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I'm also positive that you are proof that some blowhards are overly sensitive jerks that think they know what other people want.

Young man! I would look in the mirror before you call someone a jerk and a blowhard as you are part of the problem not the solution. Whose the jerk,blowhard now ? Enough said !

On 4/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, John Ward said:

Young man! I would look in the mirror before you call someone a jerk and a blowhard as you are part of the problem not the solution. Whose the jerk,blowhard now ? Enough said !

I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Easy Boomer.  Back to your canasta game, hot tea and your comfy plaid blanket in the isolation ward.  Arts and crafts are coming up later this morning.

Unknown.jpeg

On 4/14/2020 at 4:00 AM, DannyHoke said:

I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Easy Boomer.  Back to your canasta game, hot tea and your comfy plaid blanket in the isolation ward.  Arts and crafts are coming up later this morning.

Unknown.jpeg

Im rubber .. your glue... What are you in elementary school? Grow up child !

Well with those enlightening words, I who have not chimed in for months got bored so here I am. I am bummed. I fear there may not be any season as we know it. It will be very tough for the schools of the world like Akron to make any progress for a couple of reasons. A number of assistant coaches went elsewhere I understand.Much of the new staff will be unknown to the players and vice versa. When you are trying to rebuild from an 0-12 you need reps,reps and more reps. No practice, no reps. If there is a season in any form the experienced teams will have an advantage. And, I was actually planning on going to the New Mexico State game in Las Cruces! Have a relative in the area and my wife and I were going to visit and go to the game.  And, thats not to mention going to the widely famous New Mexico Hatch Chile Festival. Oh well, hope this doesn't more adversely affect the program in the future. I was hoping maybe 3 wins in this schedule.

• Like 1

The NFL is looking at games without fans. MLB is looking at a miniseason played at spring training facilities with no fans. Even the NBA has tossed it around.

But everything I’ve heard Is college football can’t afford to play without ticket revenue. The other sports can survive on their network deals.

According to that Akron is screwed both ways...

6 hours ago, Spin said:

The NFL is looking at games without fans. MLB is looking at a miniseason played at spring training facilities with no fans. Even the NBA has tossed it around.

But everything I’ve heard Is college football can’t afford to play without ticket revenue. The other sports can survive on their network deals.

According to that Akron is screwed both ways...

The 'big' schools can play w/o fans because they have overwhelming TV revenue. I am sure OSU,Texas,Alabama etc. can live off of TV. Schools at the MAC level can not. We already know that all sports at Akron survive only because of student fees on top of income from the sport itself. TV still doesn't get them anywhere close to break even.  I am afraid that  a lot of student non-athletes may decide to forego college for a while. No students,no fees, no support for athletics. The next couple of years will be critical.

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Those big schools actually fill their stadium though. An Alabama or Michigan likely generates more ticket revenue from 1 home football game than a school like Akron generates in ticket ticket revenue for all sports combined. It would certainly be a big blow to them.

No doubt even the big schools lose ticket revenue. But my guess is that the money from TV, merchandise, big donor money will allow the Alabamas, OSU's etc. etc. will be just fine in the end. People will still watch OSU/Michigan, Alabama/LSU etc. And TV networks will still pay for those games. The Akron's of the world who get little from tickets or merchandise or big donors will suffer much more because their TV money isn't close to what the big schools attract. And, fan interest which is minimal to begin with may decline even more if if fewer or no games are played. Also, if the big schools cut out what would normally be 'money' games for programs

like Akron,I wonder how that would affect payouts to those smaller schools?