Akron 2020 Schedule

kreed5120

9 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I believe they only need about 45 more players to come down with covid if my math is correct, then we've got them right where we want them

Who leaked our strategy to you?

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, NWAkron said:

23 Clemson players and staff test positive for COVID 19.  Most are asymptomatic.  Arizona, SC, Georgia, Florida and other southern states are hot beds for COVID.  

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/26/clemson-football-14-more-positives-for-covid-19-now-up-to-37-total/

Here is a link I found that the number of Clemson players are now up to 37.  This article is a week old so the number may have changed since it was published.

12 minutes ago, bigjim said:

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/26/clemson-football-14-more-positives-for-covid-19-now-up-to-37-total/

Here is a link I found that the number of Clemson players are now up to 37.  This article is a week old so the number may have changed since it was published.

I have, upon occasion, suggested that we are only numerous tragic bus accidents away from a MAC football championship. Since COVID 19 seems to be less serious for young people, spread of the virus among opposing teams seems like a much less tragic way to facilitate the Zips path to football greatness. The link you posted indicates that social distancing is being encouraged. Wonder if this will result in the Tigers switching to a spread offense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

Since they have so many infected players, and playing them would put our team at undue risk, shouldn't they have to forfeit to us?

5 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Since they have so many infected players, and playing them would put our team at undue risk, shouldn't they have to forfeit to us?

Shouldn't present an undue risk to us.

I cant find a photo to prove it, but I have heard that this years Zips uniform is a full blue and gold hazmat suit with a chrome  helmet.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Those kids will all be cleared by August.  I think the reality is that some coaches are hoping for their kids to get it quickly so that they can be cleared before real training starts.  They're assuming that getting it makes you immune to it.

There's a theory going around that the gov't is doing that to all of us by reopening some stuff, the numbers go up, ICU's fill back up, and they quarantine again. Wash, rinse, and repeat until everyone is immune. 

And a lot of the old people are off the social security/medicare coffers... ;)

35 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Ivy League cancelled fall sports.  What impact if any do you think that has on other conferences?

If we in this community, state, and country all want to see college sports again before Fall 2021, we need to wear a mask, wash our hands, and not gather in crowded bars and restaurants, etc.  It's really simple.  The oppositional defiance from the absolutely ignorant amongst us is ruining life for all of us including these athletes (who also bear the burden as well of watching out for themselves and their teammates).

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

If we in this community, state, and country all want to see college sports again before Fall 2021, we need to wear a mask, wash our hands, and not gather in crowded bars and restaurants, etc.  It's really simple.  The oppositional defiance from the absolutely ignorant amongst us is ruining life for all of us including these athletes (who also bear the burden as well of watching out for themselves and their teammates).

Can't like this one enough.  People are acting like asking them to wear a damn one ounce mask is akin to being asked to wear a 50 pound ball and chain.  We are a country of such little discipline and commitment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Ward said:

No sir, I do believe he has left the program.

DeShields is showing up on GOZIPS on the 'Postcard from the Zips' campaign.  I think we have Kato, Gibson, Marousek (freshman) and DeShields.  We also have Jankowski coming in as a greyshirt, enrolling in January 2021.  The link below shows that he was first team all state.  I am very excited about him, but we will have to wait to see him play.  I do not understand how a first team all state player gets grey shirted.  8A in Florida is the largest division.  I also do not understand how this player signs with the Zips.  I read that he did not play until his senior year even though his dad was the coach.  

https://floridahsfootball.com/2020/02/21/2019-class-8a-all-state-football-teams/

• Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 6:13 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Can't like this one enough.  People are acting like asking them to wear a damn one ounce mask is akin to being asked to wear a 50 pound ball and chain.  We are a country of such little discipline and commitment.

I'm old enough to remember when the surgeon gen & dr fraudi said masks don't work....and they don't...when will you take off your mask...when your TV says it's ok?

sheep to be herded anywhere