Game 30- Ohio University

clarkwgriswold

The Zips welcome old friend Jeff Boals and his 15-14 squad into the JAR Tuesday nght.  The kittens are fresh off of solid home wins against Canada and Brimfield A & T after losing to BG by a point.   Boals and his staff appear to be making progress in Athens.  6'4 sophomore guard Jason Preston leads the team at 16.3 ppg.  6'8' sophomore forward Ben Vander Plas scores 15.5 ppg while leading the team at 6.8 rpg.  SVSM grad freshmen guard Lunden McDay continues a fine freshman season for the Kittens. They are 7th in the MAC on offense and 5th in defense.  The Zips squeaked by the kittens 88-86 at Athens on January 25th behind 35 from LCJ.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

This has trap game written all over it. Sandwiched between a big road win and our season finale against our main rival. Ohio has been playing some good basketball of late. Not a team that we want to take lightly.

I've been worried about this game.  I was worried about Buffalo and OU after the BG.  Apparently, by Buffalo concerns were unwarranted, so who knows about this one!

From what I've seen this season of the kittens, Boals has brought them a long way.

34 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I've been worried about this game.  I was worried about Buffalo and OU after the BG.  Apparently, by Buffalo concerns were unwarranted, so who knows about this one!

From what I've seen this season of the kittens, Boals has brought them a long way.

If you read Kitten Attack, they think we at ZipsNation are crazy and bipolar.  I took a blow to the head from the T-Shirt cannon.  I don't know what the excuse is for the rest of you.

Things I like about Ohio U. 

Jeff Boals (wish he would have stayed at Stony Brook so I could continue rooting for him wholeheartedly)

Beautiful campus including a building that was named after my great uncle who was president there in the 40s.

Fantastic rivarly we have developed with them over the years. 

Passionate fan base which helps the MAC and our rivalry

I respect they feel the O-H-I-O was stolen from them by Ohio State and the Bobcat "voiced" the disrespect by tackling Brutus during a football game

Things I don't like about Ohio U. 

They are still Ohio U ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Jeff Boals (wish he would have stayed at Stony Brook so I could continue rooting for him wholeheartedly)

Beautiful campus including a building that was named after my great uncle who was president there in the 40s.

I respect they feel the O-H-I-O was stolen from them by Ohio State and the Bobcat "voiced" the disrespect by tackling Brutus during a football game

They are still Ohio U ?

Things we like about PCCC?

(Crickets)

30 minutes ago, MDZip said:

They are still Ohio U ?

This is good and I concur.  I enjoy our rivalries with OU and UB.  I respect both schools.  Kent, on the other hand... I simply wish that school didn't exist.

• Like 1

We also want to steal Ohio's land. If you've never seen it there's a Reddit topic where they assign every county in the country to a college basketball team after you win and claim all the land that the team you beat currently has. It all starts with the counties that are closest to you at the beginning of the season. For some reason Ohio has a bunch of them right now including in southern California, Texas, New Jersey and Buffalo, NY. Take their land! 

Edited by MDZip

That Miami game in 2017 (KD's last at the JAR) still haunts me. Played well most of the way then got comfortable, Kwan fouled out very early on senior day, and the worst team in the MAC humiliated us. I think this group is less susceptible to something like that happening, but still something to think about. 

Remember when O-Who was good, and we'd have to suffer through listening to their "O (clap clap clap clap clap clap) H (clap clap clap clap clap clap) I (clap clap clap clap clap clap) O (clap clap clap clap clap clap)" chant over and over and over again? Me too. Then their coach left and now he's ours and their entire fan base is in meltdown mode over it. It's wonderful. 

I'm expecting a big game from Cheese. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Remember when O-Who was good, and we'd have to suffer through listening to their "O (clap clap clap clap clap clap) H (clap clap clap clap clap clap) I (clap clap clap clap clap clap) O (clap clap clap clap clap clap)" chant over and over and over again? Me too. Then their coach left and now he's ours and their entire fan base is in meltdown mode over it. It's wonderful. 

It's just 3 claps between each letter. We're clearly in your head.

42 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

What's worse is that cheer when they wail  "Ohhhh--Ewwwww" and sound like mountain goats in heat.

Aaaaaaah, remember Bubba Walther?  Left UA for OU and played on worse teams than he would have played on at UA.  As I recall, he saw Nick Dials coming and bailed rather than man up and compete.  Nice attitude and welcome to transfer out

Interesting article here-

https://buchtelite.com/2896/archive/guards-transfer-under-scrutiny/

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Aaaaaaah, remember Bubba Walther?  Left UA for OU and played on worse teams than he would have played on at UA.  As I recall, he saw Nick Dials coming and bailed rather than man up and compete.  Nice attitude and welcome to transfer out

"TOS adamantly denied". SMH

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Nice share, Clark. Transfers being denied, saying a player has "something mentally wrong with him", and teammates going on record to throw a player under the bus just isn't something you see today.

2 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Is there any definitive news that the MAC accepted the one game suspension and that is the end of the matter?

The article I read and posted indicated that UA imposed the one game suspension and the MAC stated they felt no need to address the matter as UA had adequately handled it. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Nice share, Clark. Transfers being denied, saying a player has "something mentally wrong with him", and teammates going on record to throw a player under the bus just isn't something you see today.

Thanks.   Pretty rare that a guy bails under those circumstances, inter-conference no less.  

• Like 1