Poor LCJ

53 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I know.  Missed a FT to get to 36.  Wonder if he will beat Jimond's record from Ball State game?

I don't want him to. Jimond went Kobe 80+ the game cause he HAD to due to a lack of support, and we still lost in, what, double OT? LCJ's 30+ pt performances are controlled and not forced. He's THAT good that he can take over a game without taking his teammates completely out of it. 

I do actually feel bad that he's not getting the local/regional attention he deserves. The kid is must-see TV, and hell all these fans of basketball in Northeast Ohio can make a short drive to see him in person for just a few bucks, yet there will be plenty of empty seats on Tuesday, hopefully none on Friday. For the lack of attention/press the TEAM gets, the lack of attention Cristian gets himself is sad. I remember when Porrini from Kent had that big year in 2011, he wasn't MVP material, but he made a lot of big plays and was fun to watch. The local media in Portage county were all over it and it created hype. That kind of thing is nonexistent here. 

• Like 3

He is the best 5'8" player in the entire Country.

There should be a separate stat sheet for players under 5'9" - it would only have a few lines.

Seriously, he "could" be our ticket to an at large if we lose out by a hair.

The Selection Committee can decide to put a team in because they want to show off a player.

Of course, later on I will wake up and realize I must have said that in my sleep.

• Like 1

By the way did anyone know LCJ surpassed 1,000 points in the loss to Blowing Green. He has done it in under two years with an average a little over 16 ppg. I knew he was approaching it but hadn't heard a thing about it. 46th player in Akron history. Congrats LCJ!

Edited by MDZip