2020 MAC Tournament

Keep an eye out for ticket deals guys.

Looks like Ohio Lottery is doing it again.  From the Lottery Twitter-

Hey MAC fans, bring any non-winning @OHLottery  ticket to the @RMFieldHouse  box office during the 2020 MAC Basketball Tournament for a BOGO offer on tickets to any game in Cleveland next week!

Edited by clarkwgriswold

26 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I think this is a great bracket for the Zips.  We had 4 losses and the only team that we lost to on our side of the bracket are the bulls and we just beat them at their place.

Looking at Ball State board, they are like WTF with their draw.  NIU had their ticket already and didn't show up tonight.  Graves went off on BG.   NIU and Miami both beat the Bulls this season.  Can the Hurons and the Zone stop PCCC?

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Keep an eye out for ticket deals guys.

Looks like Ohio Lottery is doing it again.  From the Lottery Twitter-

Hey MAC fans, bring any non-winning @OHLottery  ticket to the @RMFieldHouse  box office during the 2020 MAC Basketball Tournament for a BOGO offer on tickets to any game in Cleveland next week!

?

Screenshot_20200306-224846_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

I believe, if we can keep it going for 3 days in CLE, that this team will set the program record for wins at 27.  Let's go 3-0.

It would tie the record for wins. Dambrot's last Akron team won 27 as well. Looks like Groce is going to have to win a tourney game ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

It would tie the record for wins. Dambrot's last Akron team won 27 as well. Looks like Groce is going to have to win a tourney game ?

25 wins in 16/17.

26 wins in 06/07 and 12/13.

I think 27 would do it. Am I missing something?

This could be considered a hot take, but whatever. I think moving forward, as everyone has played everyone at least once, the most important player on the roster is X. Of course, March is about guards, but teams are starting to crack down on LCJ a little bit more (I know he had 35 a week ago) and at 5'8 that's even harder to overcome. X is the most gifted guy on the team and probably has the most versatile game. When he's playing well and making his jumper, Akron becomes nearly impossible to beat, at least when playing MAC teams.

17 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Out of the first 4 campus games, which one do you guys think will be the best game? Or most likely upset?

EMU vs Kent although an 8 vs a 9 isn't much of an upset. EMU plays a brand of basketball that muddies up the game and keeps games low scoring. Kent will need to play good team basketball and be able to knock down their 3's to beat the zone. Kent seems to not play great team basketball so it will he tough for them to do.