2020 MAC Tournament

X was named Player of the Week-

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2020/3/8/mac-announces-final-mens-basketball-players-of-the-week.aspx

Nice to see him come around.  He spoke after the PCCC game on the post-game and referenced his shooting slump.  He  said it was nice that the coaches and players kept supporting him and telling him to shoot and that as a shooter he needs that confidence.  He also referenced that he's had some "personal stuff" going on.  Hopefully, he's past the slump and the personal stuff.  He's such a likable kid.  He's east to root for.

42 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Akron looks like a pretty heavy Vegas favorite to win the MAC tournament.

Akron +145
Ball State +500
Bowling Green +600
Buffalo +600
Kent +700
Toledo +1000
Ohio +1500
EMU +5500
CMU +6000
Miami +7500
WMU +7500

Let's hope Vegas is correct.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

X was named Player of the Week-

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2020/3/8/mac-announces-final-mens-basketball-players-of-the-week.aspx

Nice to see him come around.  He spoke after the PCCC game on the post-game and referenced his shooting slump.  He  said it was nice that the coaches and players kept supporting him and telling him to shoot and that as a shooter he needs that confidence.  He also referenced that he's had some "personal stuff" going on.  Hopefully, he's past the slump and the personal stuff.  He's such a likable kid.  He's east to root for.

If X gets back on his early season form again, look out MAC and whoever we would draw in the tournament.

One person is hospitalized at Cleveland Clinic Main Campus.  2 others are in self-quarantine.  These folks have been out in the community for the last several weeks, and chances are that this spirals fast.

It is important to note that the reasoning behind any potential cancellation is NOT the risk to the general public, it is the risk of exposing high-risk demographics (75+/<1yr/immuno-compromised).  Working in healthcare, it drives me nuts that people are calling this "hysteria."   The risk is real, and mortality rates may be as high as 25-30x that of the seasonal flu.  

30 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The most infuriating are the idiots the break quarantine to do stuff like go to a father-daughter dance.  

This is going to be an odd March madness time.

Linked on other thread is press release that Tourney going on as planned.   Ok...everyone...no hugs, no high 5s, no handshaking...keep it real and be responsible.  If you see someone not washing their hands or appears to be sick...don't get too close...but call them out on it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDZip said:

CMU put up quite the fight. Looks like it's going to be the Kittens

Central made a run and put Kittens on their heals for a few minutes.  One of my rules, never count on a directional Michigan school or the Akron women's team to get the job done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

One person is hospitalized at Cleveland Clinic Main Campus.  2 others are in self-quarantine.  These folks have been out in the community for the last several weeks, and chances are that this spirals fast.

It is important to note that the reasoning behind any potential cancellation is NOT the risk to the general public, it is the risk of exposing high-risk demographics (75+/<1yr/immuno-compromised).  Working in healthcare, it drives me nuts that people are calling this "hysteria."   The risk is real, and mortality rates may be as high as 25-30x that of the seasonal flu.  

I have three in my family that work in hospitals and none are overly concerned.  Cautious yes. What is basis of 25x?  I expect the number of cases to go up now that testing has started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1