2020 MAC Tournament

2 hours ago, roopride said:

I have three in my family that work in hospitals and none are overly concerned.  Cautious yes. What is basis of 25x?  I expect the number of cases to go up now that testing has started.

I suspect that thousands have it but with such mild symptoms they did not seek treatment.

Testing will reveal many more cases, but there is no treatment at this time.

10 hours ago, roopride said:

I have three in my family that work in hospitals and none are overly concerned.  Cautious yes. What is basis of 25x?  I expect the number of cases to go up now that testing has started.

Fatality rates internationally on reported cases are between 3 and 4 percent, and much higher for the elderly, young, and immunocompromised.  Seasonal flu rates hover at 0.1% or less of reported cases.  If the infection rate nears that of a seasonal strain, deaths would likely be >1,000,000.

The risk doesn't lie with the healthy population, the risk lies in transmission to those most vulnerable, such as the many deaths at the nursing home in Washington. 

The reason for the cancellation of large gathering events is try to prevent community spread with the hope that the severity of the outbreak is dulled by the onset of warmer weather.

But anyway, go Zippers, beat the Bobkitties.  

Thoughts on last night:

1.  Success in the MAC is fleeting.  Enjoy it when you get it.

2.  Credit to the Kittens, but reeling Central was probably the easiest draw.

3.  The AD's of the directional Michigan schools should do one mass firing/suicide pact and rid themselves of Murphy, Hawkins, and Davis.

4.  When was last time no team from Michigan or NY was at the Q?

As for Thursday:

1.  Kitten fans thinkthey got this one.  Apparently, they are the team the Zips fear the most.

2.  Groce v Boals.

3.  Zips by 18.

4.  Toledo, Ball State, BG, and PCCC in the evening session.  What a blood bath that could be.

Edited by NWAkron

24 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Thoughts on last night:

1.  Success in the MAC is fleeting.  Enjoy it when you get it.

2.  Credit to the Kittens, but reeling Central was probably the easiest draw.

3.  The AD's of the directional Michigan schools should do one mass firing/suicide pact and rid themselves of Murphy, Hawkins, and Davis.

4.  When was last time no team from Michigan or NY was at the Q?

As for Thursday:

1.  Kitten fans thinkthey got this one.  Apparently, they are the team the Zips fear the most.

2.  Groce v Boals.

3.  Zips by 18.

4.  Toledo, Ball State, BG, and PCCC in the evening session.  What a blood bath that could be.

We went 2-0 against then and they think we're scared? Sure, I would have preferred playing CMU as we could have beaten them without having to break a sweat.

Joke's on OU. They have to leave their little bubble in BFE Southern Ohio and come to Cleveland where the Coronavirus is. Should've just lost last night when they had the chance... They probably spell "O-H-I-O" 10,000x while they wash their hands for 20 seconds to get the extra practice...

Thursday is going to be an awesome day of MAC basketball. BUGS/Fighting Elon Musks is going to be a great opener to the night session, and Balls/PCCC is a great night cap. I hope Akron fans show up enough to cancel out the Bobkitty fans that will surely be out. How about the Snow Mutts being rewarded for their home-court choke job against Balls on Friday by ultimately drawing Brick Building University? Meanwhile Balls is rewarded for thrashing the Snow Mutts with a tough matchup against PCCC. 

image.png

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

In the magical land where the MAC re-seeds between campus rounds and the Rock, you could have had Akron v Miami, NIU v Kent, BG v Ohio, and BSU v Toledo.  I think I actually prefer it the way the MAC has it now, since it keeps Kent on the bottom of the bracket

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

In the magical land where the MAC re-seeds between campus rounds and the Rock, you could have had Akron v Miami, NIU v Kent, BG v Ohio, and BSU v Toledo.  I think I actually prefer it the way the MAC has it now, since it keeps Kent on the bottom of the bracket

Wouldn't matter assuming you re-seed for the semis too

You wouldn't see re-seeding for the semi's because of the quick turnaround. The last quarterfinal game may end at near midnight. They aren't going to turn around and make that team play again 17 hours later. That's why the winner of the noon game plays the winner of the ~2:30 game. Both teams get 24+ hours of rest between games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I'm taking nothing for granted.  maybe  it's easier for Groce to prepare for the Kittens than it would be for Toledo.

I see Akron and PCCC on a collision course that could end with an epic battle for the soul of the nation. 

I wonder if Pinky The Clown would even care about that game. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I'm taking nothing for granted.  maybe  it's easier for Groce to prepare for the Kittens than it would be for Toledo.

I see Akron and PCCC on a collision course that could end with an epic battle for the soul of the nation. 

PCCC hasn't won 4 games in a row since November back when they were playing cupcakes. I don't see them suddenly doing it in March.

Edit: I'm guessing Ball State is the team that comes out of the other side of the bracket. They play the best defense in the MAC and defense travels.

Edited by kreed5120

32 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Uhhh....Groce's OU was one of those 9 seeds.  Took out PCCC in the Quarters in 2010. 

And won the whole tournament over us.  The other was Miami knocking off Bowling Green. Is that also somehow relevant? ? You know Groce coaches for the good guys now right?

Rankings of teams I most hate to lose to at any stage in the MAC tournament (which is different than being disappointed by the team you lose to, because not only do I hate losing to them, I hate seeing them go on, so it especially burns during a final). Go Zips!

1. Can't

2. Kittens

3. Bullsh*t

4. Sweaters

5. BUGS

6. Anyone from the West ?

And we have lost to the top four in the finals. Give us Ball State! or BUGS.

As an aside Ivy League just canceled their tourney.

45 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

MAC Commissioner on in a few minutes on 92.3 the Fan with Baskin and Phelps.

Anything noteworthy? Anytime he goes onto a radio show, I feel like it's empty air that comes out of his mouth. Nothing of real substance is ever said except sideline cheerleading for a poorly-directed conference. 

17 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I would hope the staff now understands that Banks has to be on Preston from the start.  Everything with OU revolves around him. 

I believe he's top 10 in the nation in assists per game. 

He's also top 10 in the nation in height gained by hair size. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

8 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Anything noteworthy? Anytime he goes onto a radio show, I feel like it's empty air that comes out of his mouth. Nothing of real substance is ever said except sideline cheerleading for a poorly-directed conference. 

I just missed him being on, but from the brief recap it doesn't sound like it.