2020 MAC Tournament

4 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I'm sure they are doing everything not to ban specatators.  CBJ is privately owned and probably has one person making the decision as opposed to university academics and bureaucrats.

Welk, thank heavens!  One private autocrat surely trumps a team of trained medical scientists...and BUREAUCRATS!! ??

From the New York Post:

"Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced Tuesday he is asking indoor sporting events take place without spectators “other than the athletes, parents, and others essential to the game.”

This came shortly after the Democratic presidential candidates canceled arean events.  Biden at a small senior center, and Sanders at Cleveland Browns Stadium... ?

34 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

I hope they do not do this. I hate handouts. Feels unearned. 

14-4 overall in conference including 7-2 on the road ... what am I missing? CERTAINLY feels earned to me. Conference tourneys = money grab. Send Akron.

• Thanks 1

Highlights from the release-

The Tournaments will continue as scheduled on Wednesday, March 11th through Saturday, March 14th, however only credentialed institutional personnel, student-athlete family members, credentialed media, television and radio crews, and official team party members will be permitted for attendance for the tournaments.  The MAC tournaments will be closed to the general public.

All tickets for the MAC Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments will be refunded in the form of a credit towards next year’s tournament or a full refund. All ticketholders will receive an email with further instructions regarding next steps to receiving credit or refund.  Beginning Wednesday during regular business hours, fans can contact their respective athletic departments or the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse box office at (216) 420-2200.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

11 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

OK, we're all going to NWAkron's place for a watch party Thursday, kreed5120's on Friday and Let'sGoZips94's on Saturday.

I'm on self quarantine until the 23rd. I'm not showing symptoms, but my company told everyone to work from home for the next two weeks and I just want a break from people. Get off my lawn

• Haha 1