2020 MAC Tournament

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Right.  What's that phrase... "cognitive dissonance?"  I was willing to go to the games, but I wasn't willing to go to the crowded pre-party at Pizza 216.  

Right right I think they ran it by a law firm or two the more people that become sick the more you will be sued. it’s a liability situation.

46 minutes ago, monrowe said:

Right right I think they ran it by a law firm or two the more people that become sick the more you will be sued. it’s a liability situation.

Yes, please put me on that jury. I can hear that testimony now...People of the jury, the MAC and its member schools forced me to buy tickets and go to their basketball tournament and I walked through crowded streets to get there and was in contact with a lot of people that day who had absolutely nothing to do with the tournament. But, I got COVID 19. So, the MAC and its member schools owe me.  Yeah, I'm going to cast my vote in favor of that plaintiff.

• Thanks 1

Count me to bring the wings and Alaska Amber Ale if we ever decide whose home we are invading.

Go Zips! Win it all in the most unusual tournament we will ever see (on TV).

37 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Yes, please put me on that jury. I can hear that testimony now...People of the jury, the MAC and its member schools forced me to buy tickets and go to their basketball tournament and I walked through crowded streets to get there and was in contact with a lot of people that day who had absolutely nothing to do with the tournament. But, I got COVID 19. So, the MAC and its member schools owe me.  Yeah, I'm going to cast my vote in favor of that plaintiff.

Strict Liability tort law 

strict liability. Strict, or “absolute,” liability applies to cases where responsibility for an injury can be imposed on the wrongdoer without proof of negligence or direct fault.

What matters is that an action occurred and resulted in the eventual injury of another person.

Defective product cases are prime examples of when liability is maintained despite intent.

In lawsuits such as these, the injured consumer only has to establish that their injuries were directly caused by the product in question in order to have the law on their side. The fact that the company did not “intend” for the consumer to be injured is not a factor.

1 hour ago, Zip_ME87 said:

You see anyone else getting sued?

via GIPHY

9 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

ESPN and CBS probably had a hand in this.

Their advertising rates just doubled or tripled.

It'll be interesting to see if the 2 rounds of NCAA Tournament games set to take place in Cleveland next week will be publicly attended, or forced ghost towns. TBS/CBS etc. will make out very well if their forced ghost towns I'd imagine. Meanwhile, the Monsters game on Sunday is open to the general public last I heard. The 12+ hrs between the MAC Championship Game and the Monsters game will contain a cure apparently. 

Athens City Schools are closed until March 30th.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

I am not happy with the decision but I respect it considering there is a national emergency.  We can watch the game on ESPN plus or the CBS sports network.

“The best way to prevent a catastrophic explosion of new cases in the next few weeks, many experts think, is to break potential chains of transmission by preventing sick people from coming in close contact with healthy ones, whether it means canceling conferences or relying on individual decisions to avoid crowded public transportation or postpone weddings,”

1 hour ago, 1981 grad said:

I am not happy with the decision but I respect it considering there is a national emergency.  We can watch the game on ESPN plus or the CBS sports network.

“The best way to prevent a catastrophic explosion of new cases in the next few weeks, many experts think, is to break potential chains of transmission by preventing sick people from coming in close contact with healthy ones, whether it means canceling conferences or relying on individual decisions to avoid crowded public transportation or postpone weddings,”

Tell that to the power 5 conferences who trumps the MAC in attendance 

DeWine is a Genius