2020 MAC Tournament

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

The first victim of an empty arena:  #1 seed Central Michigan women and the women's coach of the year.

Not boding well for tomorrow.  These games have to feel like a scrimmage.

I saw pictures of the game and it doesn't look much different than any Akron women's basketball game I went to as an undergrad.

25 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

The first victim of an empty arena:  #1 seed Central Michigan women and the women's coach of the year.

Not boding well for tomorrow.  These games have to feel like a scrimmage.

Good thing for Central is they'll still go the NCAA tourney (assuming there is one), we do not have that luxury.

8 minutes ago, monrowe said:

A Utah Jazz player tested positive for the Coronavirus. the zips had a great season but it’s time to shut it down no matter what anyone thinks.

I don't know how they keep this going.  IThese players have to be worried about other things besides the game.  What a tragic turn of events for all of them.

Gobert is gonna beat the flu, I mean COVID-19. 

Meanwhile, a basketball league in China (maybe the Chinese Basketball Association) is summoning the American players back over there as soon as this weekend. Those who fail to go back to China could be facing a lifetime ban. Glad to know the birthplace of the Coronavirus is so concerned. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

38 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I don't know how they keep this going.  IThese players have to be worried about other things besides the game.  What a tragic turn of events for all of them.

So you are saying cancel the tournament and Dance?

You do realize that the risk of death for people under 60 is near zero?

Edited by akronzips71

13 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

So you are saying cancel the tournament and Dance?

You do realize that the risk of death for people under 60 is near zero?

Look...i'm not in charge.  I hope they don't.  But it's not as simple as all that.  The coaches and other staff could be over 60.  It's a ripple effect.  I hope they move to smaller venues and make it as much  fun for the athletes as they can.   I mean what a true test of basketball.  The blue blood teams won't have all the built in advantages that they usually get.  Imagine a MAC school getting to play an ACC team on an absolutely neutral court with no fans.  Go Zips tomorrow!

Edited by NWAkron