2020 MAC Tournament

Everyone has to see past themselves here.  As fans, we're all pissed.  I'll miss my first MAC tournament in 20 years.

As @The Hip Zip said, there's things that are more important than basketball.  While you or I may not be at risk, we could deliver this virus to someone for which it would be lethal.  

It isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of intelligence and sound reasoning based on science.  If exponential infection is prevented, it may end in a lot of "I told you so" down the line, but that's still better than overwhelmed ICUs and rationing treatment (like what is happening in Italy).

That being said, I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope we at least see an NCAA tournament, even without fans.  We have some great seniors, and I can't stand the thought of their careers ending this way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The coronavirus is much like American politics.  Too many people at the ends of the spectrum, ignorantly disregarding the risk or downright panicking.

Until it settles out, I will stick with the advice of the medical professionals, thanks.

Well how about you unite us and distract us with a Game Thread for today. You've made 'em all season and now, TOURNEY TIME, you don't?! We're doomed...

8 hours ago, dre22era said:

We have turned into a wussy Nation 

Zips and many other mid major teams especially Dayton are about to get screwed. 

Andre Wesson at Ohio State is family. Sad way for him to end his career 

Its Over 

We've also turned into a nation of dimwits, idiots and numbskulls that can't do simple things like wash their damn hands and cover themselves when they sneeze or cough.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Well how about you unite us and distract us with a Game Thread for today. You've made 'em all season and now, TOURNEY TIME, you don't?! We're doomed...

Good call Let'sGoZips.  I was going to just do one thread for the whole tourney, but given how this has come down an individual thread would be in order.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

We've also turned into a nation of dimwits, idiots and numbskulls that can't do simple things like wash their damn hands and cover themselves when they sneeze or cough.

Were we ever a nation of not being dimwits, idiots, and numbskulls?

• Like 1

@clarkwgriswold maybe this thing will be held at the JAR after all.

Haven't they been practicing there and the women already started their tournament.

On another note, the JAZZ player who has it thought it was a joke and before a press conference went around and touched every microphone and items on the table they were using.  Then he gets it.

Edited by NWAkron

13 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Loving this "brand new Dre". ?

• Like 1