Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Rather than post the individual games like the regular season, I am going to do this as a single thread for now.  Zips head into the tourney as the number 1 seed for a Thursday noon game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So from another thread I see the final is set for SUNDAY??  Can you give the schedule?  🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

So from another thread I see the final is set for SUNDAY??  Can you give the schedule?  🤷‍♂️

That was a typo from whoever said that.

 

We play at Noon on Thursday, 6:30PM Friday, and 7:30PM Saturday 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep an eye out for ticket deals guys.

 

Looks like Ohio Lottery is doing it again.  From the Lottery Twitter-

Hey MAC fans, bring any non-winning @OHLottery  ticket to the @RMFieldHouse  box office during the 2020 MAC Basketball Tournament for a BOGO offer on tickets to any game in Cleveland next week!

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on the csnbbs board stated there is a $70 ticket pack that gets you access to all games for all sessions both mens and women's. If watching all the games is your thing, that seems like a good deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a great bracket for the Zips.  We had 4 losses and the only team that we lost to on our side of the bracket are the bulls and we just beat them at their place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I think this is a great bracket for the Zips.  We had 4 losses and the only team that we lost to on our side of the bracket are the bulls and we just beat them at their place.

Looking at Ball State board, they are like WTF with their draw.  NIU had their ticket already and didn't show up tonight.  Graves went off on BG.   NIU and Miami both beat the Bulls this season.  Can the Hurons and the Zone stop PCCC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Keep an eye out for ticket deals guys.

 

Looks like Ohio Lottery is doing it again.  From the Lottery Twitter-

Hey MAC fans, bring any non-winning @OHLottery  ticket to the @RMFieldHouse  box office during the 2020 MAC Basketball Tournament for a BOGO offer on tickets to any game in Cleveland next week!

👍

Screenshot_20200306-224846_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

I think BG may not be in the championship game.

Yeah don't think they get there at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe, if we can keep it going for 3 days in CLE, that this team will set the program record for wins at 27.  Let's go 3-0.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

I believe, if we can keep it going for 3 days in CLE, that this team will set the program record for wins at 27.  Let's go 3-0.

It would tie the record for wins. Dambrot's last Akron team won 27 as well. Looks like Groce is going to have to win a tourney game 😏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

It would tie the record for wins. Dambrot's last Akron team won 27 as well. Looks like Groce is going to have to win a tourney game 😏

25 wins in 16/17.

 

26 wins in 06/07 and 12/13.

 

I think 27 would do it. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be considered a hot take, but whatever. I think moving forward, as everyone has played everyone at least once, the most important player on the roster is X. Of course, March is about guards, but teams are starting to crack down on LCJ a little bit more (I know he had 35 a week ago) and at 5'8 that's even harder to overcome. X is the most gifted guy on the team and probably has the most versatile game. When he's playing well and making his jumper, Akron becomes nearly impossible to beat, at least when playing MAC teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the first 4 campus games, which one do you guys think will be the best game? Or most likely upset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

25 wins in 16/17.

 

26 wins in 06/07 and 12/13.

 

I think 27 would do it. Am I missing something?

The 2016/2017 team was 27-9

Edited by kreed5120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Out of the first 4 campus games, which one do you guys think will be the best game? Or most likely upset?

EMU vs Kent although an 8 vs a 9 isn't much of an upset. EMU plays a brand of basketball that muddies up the game and keeps games low scoring. Kent will need to play good team basketball and be able to knock down their 3's to beat the zone. Kent seems to not play great team basketball so it will he tough for them to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...