Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Person #5 with COVID is a man from Stark County.  Again, doesn't mean he is going to die or even get seriously ill but if he passed it to someone who has underlying health conditions then there's a serious problem.


Person #4 was Stark County.  Person #5 is Trumbell county; which were both community spread...which likely means it's been here longer than we think it has been; which is one of the reasons the WHO declared it a Pandemic.  The R-squared value for the growth was 1.15 the other day; which if continued would be 1,000,000 cases in the next two months.  If it can be lowered to 1.05 it'll be 400,000.  

The two ways to easily bring the R-squared down is limiting chance of exposure (large events with lots of people) and limiting chance of infection (washing hands).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Do the Zips get the MAC Championship trophy?

Yes. A few players posted pics with it today. If you have Instagram watch X's story. Can't post stories or I would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Zip-Grad '13 said:


Person #4 was Stark County.  Person #5 is Trumbell county; which were both community spread...which likely means it's been here longer than we think it has been; which is one of the reasons the WHO declared it a Pandemic.  The R-squared value for the growth was 1.15 the other day; which if continued would be 1,000,000 cases in the next two months.  If it can be lowered to 1.05 it'll be 400,000.  

The two ways to easily bring the R-squared down is limiting chance of exposure (large events with lots of people) and limiting chance of infection (washing hands).

 

Considering China started the cover up in December, there's a good chance it has been here since then. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

A tough photo in here of LCJ Sr. comforting LCJ Jr. after learning the tourney had been cancelled.

And appears Kittens have feelings, too.  Those poor kids and their families.  I will probably always think cancelling these tournaments was extreme, but we won't know for a few weeks whether or not it was the right choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of surprised they didn't postpone it for up to a month before canceling. Then maybe still play in empty venues. Lots of businesses will feel the economic pain.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Do the Zips get the MAC Championship trophy?

 

It's presently being held in a vat of Lysol in the MAC offices.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dre22era said:

I was at the Kent game and don't remember seeing them cutting down the nets 

 

They cut them down when they beat Ohio the game before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steinbrecher is on 92.3 The Fan with Baskin & Phelps right now. He said that conversations are being teed up about granting an extra year of eligibility. He said spring sport athletes will be an easier argument for that, while winter sport athletes will be a more difficult discussion due to them playing a full season and only missing the postseason. 

 

All MAC recruiting activities have been suspended (he's hoping the NCAA puts a blanket ban on recruiting activities). Formal practices of any kind are not allowed, while voluntary activities are. 

 

Also mentioned that alterations would have had to been made to MAC Tourney if it would have been played. They were allowing 120 people per institution, but Dewine banned gatherings of 100+. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Steinbrecher is on 92.3 The Fan with Baskin & Phelps right now. He said that conversations are being teed up about granting an extra year of eligibility. He said spring sport athletes will be an easier argument for that, while winter sport athletes will be a more difficult discussion due to them playing a full season and only missing the postseason. 

 

All MAC recruiting activities have been suspended (he's hoping the NCAA puts a blanket ban on recruiting activities). Formal practices of any kind are not allowed, while voluntary activities are. 

 

Also mentioned that alterations would have had to been made to MAC Tourney if it would have been played. They were allowing 120 people per institution, but Dewine banned gatherings of 100+. 

It may be difficult to grant another year because they played a full season? so what! Grant them another year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

All MAC recruiting activities have been suspended (he's hoping the NCAA puts a blanket ban on recruiting activities).

 

What's this mean?  MAC coaching staffs aren't currently permitted to contact potential recruits?  Seems extreme.  If so, what's the reasoning behind this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

 

What's this mean?  MAC coaching staffs aren't currently permitted to contact potential recruits?  Seems extreme.  If so, what's the reasoning behind this?

 

I'm going to direct you to Mr. Steinbrecher, as he makes more than me and may know more. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly some good news and confirmation? From LCJ's Instagram (accompanied by a pic of him cutting down the nets)...

 

little_loren3

After hearing the news yesterday I was devastated. My brothers and I worked so hard to get to where we are at and our goals still being able to be accomplished. I’m hurting for my brothers @chanlo_loc @ty4cheese @xwilliams20 @dengriak @quelleee_ you guys are true definitions of warriors and I’m grateful to have played alongside you guys. The Akron fans that have watched us grow throughout the season and supported us thank you. We will be back to carry on the legacy that those 5 seniors have paved for us and accomplish the goals we set out that were cut short. I love y’all boys you guys have done more for me then you even know. Forever my Family. #1Akron #TTP

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Possibly some good news and confirmation? From LCJ's Instagram (accompanied by a pic of him cutting down the nets)...

 

little_loren3

After hearing the news yesterday I was devastated. My brothers and I worked so hard to get to where we are at and our goals still being able to be accomplished. I’m hurting for my brothers @chanlo_loc @ty4cheese @xwilliams20 @dengriak @quelleee_ you guys are true definitions of warriors and I’m grateful to have played alongside you guys. The Akron fans that have watched us grow throughout the season and supported us thank you. We will be back to carry on the legacy that those 5 seniors have paved for us and accomplish the goals we set out that were cut short. I love y’all boys you guys have done more for me then you even know. Forever my Family. #1Akron #TTP

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/2020/03/ncaa-plans-to-give-spring-athletes-another-year-of-eligibility.html

 

I say only give an additional year to those who were going to play in the Tourney. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/2020/03/ncaa-plans-to-give-spring-athletes-another-year-of-eligibility.html

 

I say only give an additional year to those who were going to play in the Tourney. :)

 

I think the spring athletes should get it for sure.  As to basketball, not sure I am on board with it in general, but if they do go with it, it should just be the tourney kids who lost out.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My suggestion:

Give every school the earned an auto bid (by winning their tournament or as in the case of Akron and other others winning the regular season and not playing a tournament) an auto at large next year.

Won't be many of the same players, but at least the school gets to Dance. And expanding the format to accommodate those teams would generate more revenue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/2020/03/ncaa-plans-to-give-spring-athletes-another-year-of-eligibility.html

 

I say only give an additional year to those who were going to play in the Tourney. :)

6 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

Agreed, if they do it.  Not sure i am on board with it in general, but of they do go with it, it should just be the tourney kids who lost out.

 

Suckeyes coach Chris Holtmann was on 92.3 The Fan this afternoon with Bull & Fox. The hope is potentially revisiting re-opening the NCAA Tournament later this year. 

 

Matt Norlander is saying there are talks of still revealing a 68-team bracket. 

 

He also mentioned a 16-team tournament starting next Thursday. This would be incredibly stupid and contradictory in my opinion. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would create a huge competitive disadvantage if you allowed only certain teams to keep their seniors and others not to. Also, the vast majority of teams still had their tourney hopes alive so it's impossible to know which exact teams would have been in or out.

 

They would need to expand the field for a year (not that I would be opposed) to give all the conference tournament winners from this year an auto-bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

He also mentioned a 16-team tournament starting next Thursday. This would be incredibly stupid and contradictory in my opinion. 

 

Rat bastards.  You know it'd just be typical Power 5 teams.  Plus Dayton & Gonzaga.  For Zips fans and players it'd be just another kick in the balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I can't trust the NCAA to come up with any rational plan for this and they would never permit a private entity to step in and do something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...