Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

 

I just missed him being on, but from the brief recap it doesn't sound like it.

I listened.  Did say some good stuff about Akron basketball and Groce.  Also BG/Toledo one of best rivalries in country.  Nothing about the school up the road 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says "asking" so it's confusing.  This is absolute hysteria.  I looked at the governors website.  He mentions that he hopes organizations will comply.  Looks like a CYA for him.  This has to be stressful on the players and their families especially those making a long trip to be in Cleveland.

Edited by NWAkron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are happening fast now.

 

UA/Kent/OSU have suspended in-person instruction per this recommendation. 

 

I would be shocked if things went off completely status quo in Cleveland Thursday-Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the MAC decides to play the tournament without fans, that would be a huge advantage to NIU if we face them. Their players are use to playing in empty arenas 🤣

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

 

 

The Field House is going to be one expensive gym rental.  

 

The state wrestling finals are in Columbus this weekend.

 

First four in Dayton next week.  First round in Cleveland shortly thereafter.  

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

If the MAC decides to play the tournament without fans, that would be a huge advantage to NIU if we face them. Their players are use to playing in empty arenas 🤣

 

The caravan from DeKalb just slammed on the brakes! 

 

(That would be a 1997 Dodge Caravan).

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that the MAC tournament gets tons of fans, but watching it in an empty arena would just seem so anticlimactic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they can pump in some fake fan noise, like the football team does to practice for big non-conference games?  😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Not that the MAC tournament gets tons of fans, but watching it in an empty arena would just seem so anticlimactic. 

Thursday the attendance is usually pretty sparse - especially the afternoon session.

But every time I've gone up for Akron on either Friday and/or Saturday it's been pretty packed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

 

would hope sanity will prevail but seems like the governor is asking them nicely at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Thursday the attendance is usually pretty sparse - especially the afternoon session.

But every time I've gone up for Akron on either Friday and/or Saturday it's been pretty packed.

6-10k usually. Like I said not a ton but it's a fun atmosphere

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice of the governor to care about athletes when it comes to the Coronavirus, but not when some schools in the state have to come in contact with KSUcks twice a year... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Just cancel it and give the bid to the regular season champ imo

The Ivy League Cancels Conference Basketball Tournaments-   I know that this may be the correct thing to do but I feel bad for all the seniors who will never get to play their last game.  I think holding the tournament without fans may be the best compromise if they go in that direction.  What about the Cavs?  How do you justify canceling the MAC tournament only to have the Cavs fill the arena next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

The Ivy League Cancels Conference Basketball Tournaments-   I know that this may be the correct thing to do but I feel bad for all the seniors who will never get to play their last game.  I think holding the tournament without fans may be the best compromise if they go in that direction.  What about the Cavs?  How do you justify canceling the MAC tournament only to have the Cavs fill the arena next week?

Rational thinking left the building a long time ago.  I guess we are going to learn this week what college sports are all about.  Do they exist without fans? Do players want to win without fans there?  Tree falling in the woods type of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancel MAC Tourney and give Conference automatic bid to the regular season MAC Champs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Cancel MAC Tourney and give Conference automatic bid to the regular season MAC Champs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope they do not do this. I hate handouts. Feels unearned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

I hope they do not do this. I hate handouts. Feels unearned. 

 

Me too, but I'd get over it once a well rested Zips team won an NCAA tournament game!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

I hope they do not do this. I hate handouts. Feels unearned. 

 

I don't want them to cancel the MAC Tourney, but I don't consider playing all those games and winning the regular season a "handout".

 

 

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...