Favorite One Shining Moment from this Season

NWAkron

As we mourn the abrupt end of the season, I thought we could share our favorite memories from this season.

Favorite player?  Favorite play?  Best game?  Best moment?  Best shot?

The Eastern Michigan game and the sequence of  LCJ's flop, X's 3, and Channel's stop at the JAR stands out in my mind.

Edited by NWAkron

4 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm a big fan of the Tribble dunk coming down the baseline in the OU comeback.

That's what I was thinking. Channel's block against EMU was awesome too. I think a few years from now I'll remember cutting down the nets. I thought it was borderline cheesy and the moment, because all we did was clinch a tie. But now that was maybe the high point of the season and I'm glad they had that moment.

A bit off topic, but my cousin wrestles at OSU. He's a senior and just was announced as the 1 seed in his weight for NCAAs yesterday. And just like that poof it's all over. So it hits home a little seeing these seniors see it all end just like that, and not because someone was better than you and beat you on the floor. Just sucks

On a personal note, I stayed after the victory over Northern Illinois in true Homer fashion and got a chance to speak briefly with Groce (first time ever), Ford and the radio guys. I even got a fist bump from LCJ.

During Groce's first year at Illinois he passed out bracelets to his team and staff to wear with "T-N-T" printed on them for Toughness & Togetherness. That is Groce's mantra. And in the time I have been watching his teams, no one team has represented that mantra moreso than this year's Zips squad. That special chemistry to me is the highlight of the season.

And finally, watching the Zips on national TV is always extra fun. I was looking forward to much more of that.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

That video confirms it, this is my favorite Akron basketball team from my time as a fan. Just such a fun season.

reading some of the posts on Instagram, definitely looks like X is ready to move on.  I think it would be very hard for any senior to feel good about staying another year and impacting a new guy coming on the team