2020-2021 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

Marshall definitely looks more like a W than a PF.

The defensive capabilities of our wings could be amazing with Dawson (who moves like a gazelle), Dailey & now Marshall.

I still think we need to sign one more ready to contribute JUCO F in the 6-8 range.  Currie is our tallest player at 6'9" and then Ali is currently our only other player taller than 6'7".  And Ali really doesn't seem like a natural banger.

Edited by Blue & Gold

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Marshall definitely looks more like a W than a PF.

The defensive capabilities of our wings could be amazing with Dawson (who moves like a gazelle), Dailey & now Marshall.

I still think we need to sign one more ready to contribute JUCO F in the 6-8 range.  Currie is our tallest player at 6'9" and then Ali is currently our only other player taller than 6'7".  And Ali really doesn't seem like a natural banger.

Agreed.  Reece is the next strongest, but the better big men on the schedule gave him trouble this year.

I'm bored - the new norm. So, here's an accurate by-position list (I believe) of the roster (excluding walk-ons) for next season (grade reflects next season). 

Guard

LCJ (5'8" RS SR)

Garvin Clarke (6'0" FR)

Greg Tribble Jr. (6'1" SO)

Bryan Trimble Jr. (6'2" RS JR?)

MIkal Dawson (6'5" SO)

Tre Edwards (6'6" SO?)

Forward

Jermaine Marshall (6'6" SO/JUCO)

Maishe Dailey (6'7" SR)

Cam Reece (6'7" SR/JUCO)

Ali Ali (6'8" SO)

Taylor Currie (6'8" FR)

Am I missing anyone/anything? Do we have any open schollies left? We need one big in there, at least 6'9"/6'10". Our perimeter defense will be unmatched, though. Our height and athleticism will be a nightmare for other teams. Guys like Trimble, Edwards, and Dailey saw first-hand what Groce wants to do on offense and defense, and should have no problem living up to the expectations set by this year's squad. 

• Like 1

I know Dailey is listed as a F on Akron's roster, as there are so few non-guards, lol.  However, he was strictly in the 2-guard spot in Iowa City, and his game seems suited for it.  But this is the #MACtion, so he seems perfectly suited to whichever wing spot Groce slots him into!

• Like 1