2020-2021 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

17 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

He is smooth. Not to knock Cheese and Banks, but I feel like our back-court will be very fluid this year. Cheese had a bit of Duvivier in him (bulldozer) and could be a bit wreckless, and Banks was more of a defense-first, pure SG on offense and wasn't able to really run the offense or handle the ball TOO well if needed. I think we'll be able to beat our opponents off the dribble more and create more opportunities, both open beyond the arc and down low for closer baskets. 

• Like 3

Ohio State has their schedule updated starting with the Battle 4 Atlantis until the end of the year before conference play and as expected we are not on it as we were supposed to play early November  Suckeyes Schedule

Our Tentative schedule on GoZips is currently conference only but everything on the page stresses tentative (assuming they will be adding non conference at some point)  Zips Tentative Schedule

3 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

Ohio State has their schedule updated starting with the Battle 4 Atlantis until the end of the year before conference play and as expected we are not on it as we were supposed to play early November  Suckeyes Schedule

Our Tentative schedule on GoZips is currently conference only but everything on the page stresses tentative (assuming they will be adding non conference at some point)  Zips Tentative Schedule

You would think a more regional opponent would have had a bigger push to be kept (Akron/OSUcks being 2 hours apart) instead of keeping so many out of state opponents during a "pandemic". 

I'm nervous to see what kind of shenanigans happens with our schedule. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

For scheduling issues, follow this guy's Twitter. @RoccoMiller8

He's talking about MTE -- Multi-team events.  High majors are host-scheduling 4 team events with regional, mainly mid-major opponents.

So basically creating their own "bubble" for the OOC opponents?

Any word on which high majors might pick up Akron?

13 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

For scheduling issues, follow this guy's Twitter. @RoccoMiller8

He's talking about MTE -- Multi-team events.  High majors are host-scheduling 4 team events with regional, mainly mid-major opponents.

OSU is one of the remnants of the Battle for Atlantis (or whatever it's called) that are moving to one of the Dakotas to play in a pretty good (unnamed) tournament beginning the first day teams are allowed to play games. Mid-majors in the field include Creighton and Dayton (no Akron).

4 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

OSU is one of the remnants of the Battle for Atlantis (or whatever it's called) that are moving to one of the Dakotas to play in a pretty good (unnamed) tournament beginning the first day teams are allowed to play games. Mid-majors in the field include Creighton and Dayton (no Akron).

The Dakotas?  COVID hot spot.  best oof luck, Suckeyes.

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

429 total Covid related deaths of people under the age of 25 years. 43 million citizens under the age of 25 in US.

My point is if they travel to an area that doesn't take it seriously someone could contract and ruin a few weeks of a season.  But fair enough...i should put this topic in different thread 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1