2020-2021 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

Received an email from the NCAA today that they are working on relocating all of the regional tournament sites with an eye towards sending all 68 teams to one site- the Indianapolis area.   The master plan would be for all of the teams to be within a manageable area with sufficient housing, practice facilities and arenas. 

Edited by clarkwgriswold

On 11/16/2020 at 4:05 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Received an email from the NCAA today that they are working on relocating all of the regional tournament sites with an eye towards sending all 68 teams to one site- the Indianapolis area.   The master plan would be for all of the teams to be within a manageable area with sufficient housing, practice facilities and arenas. 

If there were a city that could pull that off, it would be Indy. Between Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana U's and Butler U's fieldhouses,  and several smaller arenas for practice facilities, I think they could handle it. They could take notes from the NBA, MLS, NHL. Their bubbles were a lot more effective at keeping everyone healthy and playing than MLB and NFL business-as-usual have.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spin said:

If there were a city that could pull that off, it would be Indy. Between Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana U's and Butler U's fieldhouses,  and several smaller arenas for practice facilities, I think they could handle it. They could take notes from the NBA, MLS, NHL. Their bubbles were a lot more effective at keeping everyone healthy and playing than MLB and NFL business-as-usual have.

I was there for a final four a while back and the city did an outstanding job.

22 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Anybody remember these fearless predictors prognications from last year? As long as we have #1 running the team I like our chances. I think Zips fans will enjoy some surprises this season. 

I absolutely love this roster. Not many college basketball programs can successfully rebound after losing the class that we did, that's my fearless forecast for this year. 

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

GoZips dot com has our first game as being -v- Kent on December 19.

Our first game is still a month away?

That sucks.

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Do we have any non-conference games?

We have some scheduled. Whether we can play them is the question. Just going to have to be patient and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

There hasn’t been much recent info on what rotations will look like or what we have in a few players i.e. Tre Edwards, Jermaine Marshall and even Freeman for that matter (I included him because he makes a nice pick n roll play at the end of this clip). Also I haven’t heard much about Bandaogo. We’re very thin on bigs and will we need him in case of injuries or if we play teams like Toledo and Kent who have some legit Centers? 

What are the expected lineups and rotations? My projections: 

G - Jackson

G - Trimble 

F - Dailey 

F - Currie 

F - Reece 

Bench (in order) - Tribble, Ali, Dawson and Marshall. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

My predictions;

1st 5

1. Jackson

2. Dailey

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5. Freeman

Next 5

1.Reece

2. Tribble

3. Dawson

4. Trimble

5. Currie

?

3 of those guys would be pretty big surprises I think. Freeman most definitely. Then Ali and Marshall in that order. Looking forward to the season. Losing Williams, Banks, Cheese, and Riak was a lot, but I definitely think we reloaded with Trimble, Marshall, Dailey, and Currie + everyone else with more time to develop.

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

3 of those guys would be pretty big surprises I think. Freeman most definitely. Then Ali and Marshall in that order. Looking forward to the season. Losing Williams, Banks, Cheese, and Riak was a lot, but I definitely think we reloaded with Trimble, Marshall, Dailey, and Currie + everyone else with more time to develop.

Ali did start a number of games last year.  He didn’t play “starter minutes” but he started.

16 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

My predictions;

1st 5

1. Jackson

2. Dailey

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5. Freeman

Next 5

1.Reece

2. Tribble

3. Dawson