4. Reece

5. Currie

Next 5:

1. Tribble

2. Dawson

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5.Edwards 

I am just going with the guys who make the most sense in Groce's system. Guys who can get up and down the floor in transition, finish at the basket, make the open 3 off the pass from LCJ and most importantly DEFEND!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

I am just going with the guys who make the most sense in Groce's system. Guys who can get up and down the floor in transition, finish at the basket, make the open 3 off the pass from LCJ and most importantly DEFEND!

I know that to be true. Defending is not optional with Groce.

That said, I have to believe the line up ends up closer to what @Blue & Gold suggests.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

Akron bows out of Gulf Coast Showcase

It's disappointing but understandable. Everyone's health should absolutely come first. Hopefully we'll have a season in some form.

A glimmer of hope - the article says we bowed out over COVID concerns, not that we had to bow out because we had one, or more, positive tests.  Idk, I may be splitting hairs.  Stay safe, young guns.

26 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

A glimmer of hope - the article says we bowed out over COVID concerns, not that we had to bow out because we had one, or more, positive tests.  Idk, I may be splitting hairs.  Stay safe, young guns.

That's true. Hopefully Zips Basketball isn't suffering any positive cases. But if we do have some, and for the teams with players or coaches that do, hopefully they all have a quick recovery without any complications.

• Like 1

Just saw on twitter that our first game should be (cross fingers) at home (not that it matters) on Saturday, December 5th -v- Marshall.  

Then we're presently scheduled to play St. Bonaventure on Tuesday, December 15th at the Quicken Loans Arena Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.

Edited by Blue & Gold

Might be a blessing in disguise. I can't imagine the travel budget for a mid-major tourney in Florida was the most appropriate application of funds. 

Marshall and St. Bonnie are just as good if not better. The lack of a complete schedule right now is incredibly frustrating, though. Are there no P5s that want a piece of the Zips? LCJ too scary for them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mivid12 said:

for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate for 95+ % of the population?

I think it is closer to 99%, but you really don't want to be in that 1%

Truth be told, I had this thing, and you can tell from my screen name I am no kid. It was pretty awful, and still suffering from some of the long term effects. I had it in March.

We REALLY need the vaccine to be released. Enough politics, the vaccine is the answer.

• Like 7

On 11/22/2020 at 6:08 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

I'll be surprised if we end up with any more than just MAC games in empty gyms.

I’m a pretty big Akron hoops fan and I was really looking forward to the games this week, but at the same time I was telling my buddy that any OOC game is a bonus this year. I hope they figure out how to have a safe conference schedule, conference tournament and NCAA tournament. 

• Like 1