2020-2021 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

9 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Not sure if it was posted, but gozips.com has removed all non conference games from the schedule, showing us opening vs Kent on 12/19.

I didn’t see any non-conference games ever scheduled or even announced on The GoZips website or Akron athletics — other than a retweet a couple weeks about about the tournament.

With the pause being 2 weeks, does that rule out the Marshall game that’s on the ESPN schedule? Was that ever a real game in the first place?

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

OU just about knocked off #8 Illinois today.

Yeah , watched it and they played well. The Kittens actually held about an 8-10 pt lead in the 2nd half. Toledo just about took down Xavier and W Mich, sans Hawkins, hung in there well at Butler.  This conference is shaping up to be very competitive this season.  

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

OU just about knocked off #8 Illinois today.

So they are all playing Big 10 teams but Akron isn't.  Actually, Akron isn't playing at all.  

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/11/23/21591505/college-basketball-2020-2021-schedule-covid-19-updates-news-teams-programs-shut-down

Zips certainly aren't the only ones in this predicament.  Hopefully, the guys learned their lesson and this doesn't happen again mid-February.

Opening game is against PCCC...hell just call them Kent for this season.  All the fun's been sucked out of this/.

Edited by NWAkron

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

So they are all playing Big 10 teams but Akron isn't.  Actually, Akron isn't playing at all.  

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/11/23/21591505/college-basketball-2020-2021-schedule-covid-19-updates-news-teams-programs-shut-down

Zips certainly aren't the only ones in this predicament.  Hopefully, the guys learned their lesson and this doesn't happen again mid-February.

Opening game is against PCCC...hell just call them Kent for this season.  All the fun's been sucked out of this/.

Can I still call Senderoff Mr. Pinky?  You have to meet me half way.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Sitting here thinking how in past years I'd be sitting here planning my day around heading down to the JAR to watch our Zips take on some branch campus of some southern state university.  Damn.  Ugh.  

Heck, I'd even take a warmup against the Concord Grapes right now.

I know.  I used to put all the Zips games on my calendar and everything else was planned around that.  

2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

OU and UB have developed into nice rivalries. Kent will always be Kent but those other games are fun because they organically happened by a few teams playing some pretty high level ball. I feel like there's a mutual respect there from that

+1.  Love both those rivalries.  I hope Boals stays at OU for a long time & they continue to win.

I also think we should stoke our natural rivalry with Toledo.  Wish UT was in the East instead of BUGS.