Jump to content
clarkwgriswold

2020-2021 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

Recommended Posts

Received an email from the NCAA today that they are working on relocating all of the regional tournament sites with an eye towards sending all 68 teams to one site- the Indianapolis area.   The master plan would be for all of the teams to be within a manageable area with sufficient housing, practice facilities and arenas. 

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 4:05 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Received an email from the NCAA today that they are working on relocating all of the regional tournament sites with an eye towards sending all 68 teams to one site- the Indianapolis area.   The master plan would be for all of the teams to be within a manageable area with sufficient housing, practice facilities and arenas. 

 

If there were a city that could pull that off, it would be Indy. Between Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana U's and Butler U's fieldhouses,  and several smaller arenas for practice facilities, I think they could handle it. They could take notes from the NBA, MLS, NHL. Their bubbles were a lot more effective at keeping everyone healthy and playing than MLB and NFL business-as-usual have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spin said:

 

If there were a city that could pull that off, it would be Indy. Between Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana U's and Butler U's fieldhouses,  and several smaller arenas for practice facilities, I think they could handle it. They could take notes from the NBA, MLS, NHL. Their bubbles were a lot more effective at keeping everyone healthy and playing than MLB and NFL business-as-usual have.

I was there for a final four a while back and the city did an outstanding job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jupitertoo said:

Ohio is going to me MUCH better this year but I see them finishing behind BG, Akron and Buffalo.

The MAC East is absolutely stacked.  Jason Preston is elite.  Of course I've got to pull for LCJ to repeat as POY, but Jason Preston, man... whew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody remember these fearless predictors prognications from last year? As long as we have #1 running the team I like our chances. I think Zips fans will enjoy some surprises this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Anybody remember these fearless predictors prognications from last year? As long as we have #1 running the team I like our chances. I think Zips fans will enjoy some surprises this season. 

 

I absolutely love this roster. Not many college basketball programs can successfully rebound after losing the class that we did, that's my fearless forecast for this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Anybody remember these fearless predictors prognications from last year? As long as we have #1 running the team I like our chances. I think Zips fans will enjoy some surprises this season. 

Do we have any non-conference games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GoZips dot com has our first game as being -v- Kent on December 19.

 

Our first game is still a month away?

 

That sucks.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

GoZips dot com has our first game as being -v- Kent on December 19.

 

Our first game is still a month away?

 

That sucks.

 

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Do we have any non-conference games?

We have some scheduled. Whether we can play them is the question. Just going to have to be patient and see what happens.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Last night was supposed to be the night we upset Ohio State 😐

I had that pop up on my phone as well!  I had originally taken a half day vacation so I could go down and watch.  Maybe next year .  . . 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


There hasn’t been much recent info on what rotations will look like or what we have in a few players i.e. Tre Edwards, Jermaine Marshall and even Freeman for that matter (I included him because he makes a nice pick n roll play at the end of this clip). Also I haven’t heard much about Bandaogo. We’re very thin on bigs and will we need him in case of injuries or if we play teams like Toledo and Kent who have some legit Centers? 
 

What are the expected lineups and rotations? My projections: 

G - Jackson

G - Trimble 

F - Dailey 

F - Currie 

F - Reece 

Bench (in order) - Tribble, Ali, Dawson and Marshall. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My predictions;

1st 5

1. Jackson

2. Dailey

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5. Freeman

 

Next 5

1.Reece

2. Tribble

3. Dawson

4. Trimble

5. Currie

 

😯

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

My predictions;

1st 5

1. Jackson

2. Dailey

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5. Freeman

 

Next 5

1.Reece

2. Tribble

3. Dawson

4. Trimble

5. Currie

 

😯

 

 

3 of those guys would be pretty big surprises I think. Freeman most definitely. Then Ali and Marshall in that order. Looking forward to the season. Losing Williams, Banks, Cheese, and Riak was a lot, but I definitely think we reloaded with Trimble, Marshall, Dailey, and Currie + everyone else with more time to develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LZIp said:

3 of those guys would be pretty big surprises I think. Freeman most definitely. Then Ali and Marshall in that order. Looking forward to the season. Losing Williams, Banks, Cheese, and Riak was a lot, but I definitely think we reloaded with Trimble, Marshall, Dailey, and Currie + everyone else with more time to develop.

Ali did start a number of games last year.  He didn’t play “starter minutes” but he started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

My predictions;

1st 5

1. Jackson

2. Dailey

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5. Freeman

 

Next 5

1.Reece

2. Tribble

3. Dawson

4. Trimble

5. Currie

 

😯

 

 

Very interesting.  To say the least.  You smokin' something, Hilltopper?! Lol

 

I'm gonna go with:

1. LCJ

2. Trimble

3. Dailey

4. Reece

5. Currie

 

Next 5:

1. Tribble

2. Dawson

3. Ali

4. Marshall

5.Edwards 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...