March Madness 2K20 "Quarantourney"

bUAkronG

So a few guys who are huge A-10 fans put on a simulation of the A-10 tournament using the NBA 2K20 video game with custom college rosters. They put the event on YouTube and it was such a success they decided to do a full simulation of the NCAA tournament, complete with selection show and everything. They are streaming every game along 4 YouTube channels and the first round was yesterday, complete with a few upsets (including #5 Suckeyes losing to #12 Rhode Island). 

The Zips are in the tournament as the #13 seed in the East, taking on #4 Louisville in Sacramento. The game is at 1:20PM this afternoon on channel 2. Here is the bracket:

ET9wVK7X0AY1nlG?format=jpg&name=large

And here are the four channels:

Channel 1

Channel 2

Channel 3

Channel 4

And there's even a 'red zone channel' switching between the top games at the time since there is multiple games at a time:

Buzzer Beater Channel

Here is the article from Yahoo that I first heard of this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/march-madness-after-all-quarantourney-livestreamed-video-game-ncaa-tournament-is-what-we-needed-233948378.html

I watched quite a bit of the action last night and although it's not the same as the real tournament, I actually found myself way more interested in the games than I thought I would(#2 FSU was down by 17 points early in the game before a slow and steady comeback against #15 UALR, which was pretty interesting to watch). 

Here's hoping the Zips fair better than their +10 point spread. 

Edited by bUAkronG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

It looks like they borrowed the idea off of reddit.  Akron upset tOSU in the first round last Thursday and plays Oregon in the round of 32 tonight. Reddit even has a play by play announcer from the America East calling the games.

Some people were talking about that in the chat of one of the games... Apparently the reddit games aren't streaming live? I dunno. This one also has play by play but it's by the guys who are putting the tournament on. 

39 minutes ago, bUAkronG said:

Some people were talking about that in the chat of one of the games... Apparently the reddit games aren't streaming live? I dunno. This one also has play by play but it's by the guys who are putting the tournament on. 

Very well could be. I haven't watched any of the games.