Top Drawer Soccer Favorite D1 College Men's Soccer Teams

The staff at TopDrawerSoccer decided to name our favorite Men’s College Soccer teams that we’ve covered - taking nothing more than enjoyment into account - below...

Akron Zips (2010) - J.R. Eskilson

... It’s been a decade since this team graced the field, and you can still see that impact that the squad left on college soccer today - plus the handful of players still making their marks on the professional game around the world. The 2010 team was Caleb Porter’s fourth season in charge of the Zips program - it was the first time that the squad consisted of only players he had recruited to Akron. 

This team exemplified the famous moniker “Death by 1000 Passes”. Sure, the foundation for that identity was put in place years earlier, but the Zips became that mantra during the 2010 season while also crushing the competitive spirit of any team that got in their way.  ...

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 4

Thanks so much Zip_ME87. I needed that today. It is a reminder that there is much in our Zip culture to celebrate and also a reminder to look ahead to better times. We will return to normalcy and our soccer Zips will dominate again.

• Like 4