Williams on his way out?

jupitertoo

24 minutes ago, jupitertoo said:

Rumor in MAC circles is that new Prez and Larry Williams have agreed to go their separate ways. Only question is when it will become official.

Anyone else hear anything?

MAC circles? 

I've heard nothing.

This would be a horrible time to let go of AD.  

Edited by NWAkron

3 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

This will bring gleeful joy to some on Zips Nation, right up until they would learn it was part of the University de-emphasizing and de-funding athletics.  I don't profess to know anything here, but that would be a true "be careful what you wish for" moment for some.

Take note of what happened with Bronco basketball when they fired their coach during a pandemic.  But, Jupiter, is a notorious pot-stirrer, so until I see something to corroborate...abandon thread.

12 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I don't know if what Jupiter posted is accurate or not, but the current trend of athletic budgets soaring and enrollments shrinking isn't sustainable long-term. It's not just an Akron issue either. 

Throw in an empty football stadium and a substantial reduction in the share of income from the NCAA basketball tournament and you're going to see some tough decisions made by a lot of schools.

The thread title isn't an accurate reflection of the discussion.  I did read that the mid major conferences are asking for waivers on a number of fronts such as minimum attendance, equal # of sports for men and women, etc.  Also, they want to establish more regionalism to cut down on travel an expenses.