Class of '21 Verbal Commits

18 hours ago, LZIp said:

Nice film. Looks like we beat Kent St as well (of course). Thats 4 WR for this class we have now. Have to think that will be it.

Here is Myles Walker's hudl film. You have to scroll down 11 films (past his basketball films) to get to his junior year football highlight film.  It's good.  He's got a lot of speed.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'd still like to see another couple OL & a RB.

Definitely. On the assumption we have 17 in this class - give me 2 more OL, 1 RB, 2 CB, 1 OLB, 1 DL, and 1 QB. Maybe sacrifice one of the previous mentioned for another TE as we are thin there and the rugby player is probably a gamble. I'd wait for the season to play out to go in too strong on a QB. Need to see what we have in the players that aren't Kato before deciding if we need to bring in a transfer or roll with the underclassman currently behind him. As far as I know, we currently only have 11 OL on scholarship (7 of which are freshman or redshirt freshman), which seems incredibly low.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Ragin' Cajuns transfer. 3-star out of high school. I'll dig up some more info on him tomorrow.

2019 Season (Redshirt Freshman)
A member of the practice squad in 2019.

Prior to Louisiana
Committed and played at Maryland for one season before spending last year at Northwest Mississippi Community College.

High School
Went to Myers Park High School in Charlotte, N.C…Consensus 2 Star By 247 Sports as a senior… Played in the Blue Gray All-American Game… Led Myers Park to a 12-2 record which is the most wins in school history…Broke the single season passing record 3317 yards and single game passing Record 498 yards… Led team to a state championship as a junior finishing with a 13-1 record…All-State and All-Region Selection.

2 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Prior to Louisiana
Committed and played at Maryland for one season before spending last year at Northwest Mississippi Community College.

In 2018, Hawkins first walked on at UTEP where he lasted 1 month,  then a Was a walk on at Maryland where he redshirted , also had an offer from Fairmont State out of high school

Hawkins does not appear on either of the 2018 or 2019 Northwest Mississippi Community College football rosters, therefore it is unclear when or if he played there

Hawkins had some scout team experience for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns but zero game experience

Edited by zzx

5 hours ago, zzx said:

In 2018, Hawkins first walked on at UTEP where he lasted 1 month,  then a Was a walk on at Maryland where he redshirted , also had an offer from Fairmont State out of high school

Hawkins does not appear on either of the 2018 or 2019 Northwest Mississippi Community College football rosters, therefore it is unclear when or if he played there

Hawkins had some scout team experience for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns but zero game experience

Getting bad vibes.

I checked out his "complete list of teams" on the 247 link you provided (which I think, but cannot prove, are supplied by the athlete).

He has an impressive list of teams that he has no interest in, but his lack of interest may have been influenced by the fact that none of them offered him a scholarship (perhaps because they had never heard of him).

This guy scares me. Surely he isn't here for an education. OK, I get it that most football players aren't here for an education, but most football players don't shop themselves around to 4 schools in three years either. I suspect we are a last ditch effort by him to resuscitate his playing career. I hope we haven't given him a scholarship until he earns it. 

Looks like he been a lot of places. I guess ,as a walk on ,you search for a program that will provide you with an opportunity to prove yourself.Maybe Arth is giving the young man a chance. We don't have any depth at QB so I hope he finds a home here. None of us know his story so lets welcome him instead of bashing him.

42 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Looks like he been a lot of places. I guess ,as a walk on ,you search for a program that will provide you with an opportunity to prove yourself.Maybe Arth is giving the young man a chance. We don't have any depth at QB so I hope he finds a home here. None of us know his story so lets welcome him instead of bashing him.

Welcome Traveling Man.

Hope you last longer here than you have anywhere else.

4 hours ago, John Ward said:

Im guessing neither of you two ( LZip & Meister) never played a down of ball. Otherwise, you wouldn't speak so . Tough guys on the other side of a keyboard ! Have some respect ! 

Kumbaya my friend, Kumbaya.

Please forgive us child for mentioning his story.

Edited by Zipmeister

1 hour ago, John Ward said:

Child ? Far from it ! Im just a respectful individual who respects what these young men are trying to accomplish. They need positive reinforcement not the nonsense you spew. Shame on you son! 

Hey youngster, let me join in on your guessing game.

I'm guessing you were either a hall monitor, crossing guard, or both in school and may have watched a football game.