Class of '21 Verbal Commits

On 8/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, LZIp said:

Also offers to UMASS, Toledo, and BC per his twitter.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dillon-Porter-46101026/

I just noticed that the Zips have another DL commitment.  That brings to 5 the number of DL in this class which is fantastic.  Coach Arth has addressed a major need that the Zips have had for years, which is the DL.  With last year signees, if the commitments from this class sign, they have solidified this position for the next few years.  The commitments have size, weight, and speed.  As I stated in other posts, I hope that they have talent.  In looking at Porter's film, it does not appear that he played against major competition.  However, he does show good speed and agility.  I am so looking forward to future teams where the DL dominates.  

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I was looking up information on Karey Lee to learn a little about a recruit.  It looks like he was a 2018 or 2019 graduate from Georgia and played CB.  He had zero stars with 247 out of high school.  It looks like originally he only had one FCS offer at Chatanooga.  Ultimately, he ended up playing JC football, I believe it was in IOWA.  If anyone else finds any other information, please add to the post.

17 hours ago, bigjim said:

I was looking up information on Karey Lee to learn a little about a recruit.  It looks like he was a 2018 or 2019 graduate from Georgia and played CB.  He had zero stars with 247 out of high school.  It looks like originally he only had one FCS offer at Chatanooga.  Ultimately, he ended up playing JC football, I believe it was in IOWA.  If anyone else finds any other information, please add to the post.

He may not have had any stars out of high school and only one offer, but he is tiny.

You can't teach tiny.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5403496/Karey-Lee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, bigjim said:

i watched the second half of the Euclid Strongsville game tonight wanting to see Reese make some great plays.  I do not recall his name being called at any time.  Actually, I did not see him on the field many defensive plays in the second half.  I was hoping for some tackles and sacks that would leave me wanting to see him in a Zips uniform, but that did not happen.  I am still looking forward to him being a great Zips DL.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, bigjim said:

Hudl highlights of kicking look very good.  Welcome to the Zip familty.

Could Seibert have commited here because he thought he would be 30 minutes away from his brother?  Will be interesting to see what happens. 

• 1 month later...

Competition at the most important position is always good. Looks like Zagorski may be familiar with him from his time at EKU as they were recruiting him out of HS.

I’d probably prefer an Ian Kipp from Mentor (I don’t think they’ll take any other QBs with Jankowski and now him),  but we need to make sure we have somebody ready to play next year if the young QBs don’t develop as expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Prestin Hawkins, OT, 6-6, 305, Hough HS, Cornelius, NC

*Brother of Zips QB Brayden Hawkins

247(not composite) has him listed as a 3 star and he had interest in (but no offers from) Duke and South Carolina.

Don't see that anyone one else offered either.

He doesn't claim that we offered a scholarship rather than a walk-on opportunity, but heck we have 23 open scholarships; we might as well give him one.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Prestin-Hawkins-127919/RecruitInterests/

• Like 1