Class of '21 Verbal Commits

8 hours ago, LZIp said:

You can trust what I post or not, up to you.  

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 13.65 kB · 13 downloads

With a decade invested on ZipsNation and 7,800 posts, I choose to trust you. And if you aren't quite 100% certain of Brandon Bischoff's scholarship status, that is something I can live with. ?

Thanks for all the content you bring to ZipsNation! I don't acknowledge it often enough!??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

With a decade invested on ZipsNation and 7,800 posts, I choose to trust you. And if you aren't quite 100% certain of Brandon Bischoff's scholarship status, that is something I can live with. ?

Thanks for all the content you bring to ZipsNation! I don't acknowledge it often enough!??

LZlp, I could not have said it better.  I am a detail oriented person and I referred to the chart many times during the signing process.  I did not mean to criticize the status of a scholarship list, I only wanted to bring a possible question or error to your attention.  I apologize if I offended you.  I was amazed at how much detail was documented.  However, I will continue to bring up what I see and believe are discrepancies and I plan to challenge, comment, correct, and agree with other comments. 

Zips supporter for life.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Should have up to 8. 

2 of which should go to current walk-ons, correct?  Brandon Bischoff & one other, IIRC.

If it's accurate that Tony Grimes, Jr. was a walk-on I have to think he's gonna be put on scholarship.

But I haven't seen anyone tweet saying they've verballed to Akron.

St. Thomas Aquinas (OH) WR Asian Burt's father has been tweeting some ambiguous tweets and it sounds like Asian's going to at least be offered a PWO opportunity with UA.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

2 of which should go to current walk-ons, correct?  Brandon Bischoff & one other, IIRC.

No sir. Scholarships offered to walk-ons who have been in the program 2 or more seasons do not count against the 25 annual counter.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigjim said:

B & G, you do a great job tracking recruits.  Why not start a new thread with the late signing period.  I enjoy the accuracy that you bring to the Zips nation board.

Thanks.  And good idea.  I'll start a thread and, per usual, keep the initial post updated as best as I can. 

Edit: now that I think about it, I'll just keep this thread updated with our late signees, because they're all going to be counted toward our 2021 class.

Edited by Blue & Gold

4 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Can someone provide me with an English translation of Burt's father's tweet?

Does this dad realize that at Akron the main language is English? It could be a problem when he visits his son and goes to order a beer. Zipmeister, you were in academia. Be an interpreter.  

I think there will be some surprises tomorrow. I wonder if they will announce the two MSU transfers as signees? I also wonder if any opt outs/ineligible players from last year count against this years counter (ex. Hooks still looks to be with the program per his Twitter). We also may not fill our allowable amount tomorrow and pick up a straggler or two into the summer.So many variables.

Good players are available right now. Look no further than Can’t getting the Mentor QB as a walk on! I suspect we’ll be pleased with how the remainder of this class fills out - and I’d guess it would be filled  higher ranked/offered HS kids, players from the portal.

Edited by LZIp

Not sure the infatuation with the Mentor QB.And why we keep harping on a walk on.Enough said there . Shouldn’t we nab an experienced pro style QB.This recruiting stuff will go all the way thru summer because more young men will enter the portal. I told ya’ll the recruiting landscape is forever changed. Unless you are a 5 star ,you probably a PWO for 2021. Its terrible to say but it’s reality fellows.

7 hours ago, John Ward said:

Not sure the infatuation with the Mentor QB.And why we keep harping on a walk on.Enough said there . Shouldn’t we nab an experienced pro style QB.This recruiting stuff will go all the way thru summer because more young men will enter the portal. I told ya’ll the recruiting landscape is forever changed. Unless you are a 5 star ,you probably a PWO for 2021. Its terrible to say but it’s reality fellows.

It’s simply an example, man. The fact is at one time he had multiple G5 offers, is ranked well, and could end up being their starter one day. Not bad for them if you ask me. I have no infatuation nor do I think we will be bringing in another QB.