Class of '21 Verbal Commits

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At most, I would guess 3, maybe 4 of the announced players so far today are actual scholarship players, but I could be completely wrong. There should still be room to add players that can help us right away, whether they sign today or not isn't that important IMO.

Dontae Pollard from Penn Hills is interesting. Looking at his twitter, it seems like we got him as a PWO over WVU and Pitt's PWO offers. Maybe he thinks he has a better chance of earning a scholarship here eventually. 

Edited by LZIp

There's not much to get excited about in our signings today. I hope and pray that the staff is saving some schoolies for the transfer portal and the grad transfers that are becoming more and more prominent. We flat out do not have the time to wait for 3 or 4 years for "Our Way" freshmen to fill out our roster with 85 scholies. The number of potential starters must be improved now. Even if we do that we will not win more than 3-4 games next season, but that is enough to give hope to the faithful. The lifeblood of every successful program is recruiting. This staff needs to show they can get talent.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

This is a nice get and presumed scholarship player. Looks like he was committed to Liberty in October. Had at least 8 G5 offers at one point.

Don't get too excited. This school has lacked talent for awhile now. See what happens. We don’t need this.. we need experienced players. Lordy Lordy, we done lost all those upperclassmen . Not saying some needed to go but still need some experience in the locker room

4 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

We already knew about them but we got the 2 transfers from Michigan State

You're right.  Bad post.  I meant no surprise transfers.

This was just the first day of the signing period.  So there's still hope.

But relatively unexciting day.  

Now it seems the early signing day is where 90% of the action is.

Dakari Bradford, WR, 6-5, 185, Lincoln Park HS, Western Beaver, PA.

Pretty sure this guys a PWO.  Just because he also had a PWO offer from Pitt.

Speaking of PWO's, I can't tell which of these Late Signing Day guys are scholarship players and which are PWO's.

Edited by Blue & Gold