Zips/UA Memorabilia Thread - What's in Your Attic?

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and came across some old Zips stuff that I had stored away. It made me wonder what memorabilia other people have kept over the years? Old ticket stubs, give-aways, etc?

Here is my first installment. Two away game programs.

My memory of the Pitt game was - it was 32.1 degrees...freezing rain the entire game. The Zips cheerleaders left during the 3rd quarter. It was miserable.

Nebraska was a blast. Notice Scott Frost on the cover.

Programs.jpeg

I still have quite a few game programs and a few buttons and patches etc. I just recently tossed my rubber bowl 50 year anniversary metal tray since it was getting badly corroded. I also kept my Frye for Heisman yard sign for a long time until moving recently. I always thought it would be cool to have a zips clubhouse somewhere for watch parties and as a repository for souvenirs, zips media archives, etc.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I have been catching up on a lot of painting around my house during the quarantine. My favorite drop cloth formerly hung in the back, right corner of the Rubber Bowl in the late 90's. Hope Brandon Payne is doing well now-a-days!  Wonder what this would fetch on eBay?

image.png

Loved that guy!  He came in the same year as highly-touted Massillon RB Christian Morgan - who was an unbelievable physical specimen @ 6'4, 225 & ran a 4.5.  Crazy stuff.  I remember bragging to people about the Zips landing Christian Morgan.  Lee Owens sure could recruit.  But anyway, Brandon Payne was so electric that I believe I remember Lee Owens stating that BP was the team's #1 RB during preseason practice of BP's freshman season ?

Brandon Payne's twitter handle

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey Zips Fans,

I  just did an inventory of old Zips stuff and I have dozens of items available for a nominal fee.

A few bobbleheads- Frye, Joyce and Dru

Hundreds of old team posters

Zips basketball game day roster cards

Media guides

Gameday programs ( I miss the actual Gameday) 

Dozens of old pins, etc. trinkets that were giveaways.

Just ask and I may have it.

Thanks,

Zips Win!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, Zips Win! said:

A few bobbleheads- Frye, Joyce and Dru

Some day archeologists are going to dig up land fills around the United States and be astonished at the number of small dolls with bobbling heads on them.

• Haha 1