Covid-19: All related discussions welcome here

6 hours ago, JZIP said:

I think the skepticism is fully justified on both sides. Let's be honest, the medical community proves over and over and over again that they are pretty much as much in the dark as the rest of us. 

At this point, I think mask wearing is just an attempt to do something that MAY reduce spread. You can produce a study that proves it either way. 

If Joe Biden gets elected, watch the coronavirus magically disappear from headlines.......

Stop with that both sides garbage.  It's not about politics it's about science.  You can look at reliable stats and see that the states which took this seriously are doing well and the ones who chose to ignore science and hope it would go away are exploding with the corona virus.  The reason this issue is even important for Zipsnation is because it affects the university and the athletics.  So leave your political stuff on a separate blog that is made for such.  This isn't a political issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mivid12 said:

sheep....when will u take off your masks?...you libtwits luv the W.H.O right?

https://twitter.com/Rent_not_buy/status/1279196128731443201

I certainly hope you didn't graduate from The University of Akron...you're making us look bad. Some of us paid attention in our microbiology, ecology, Biology classes and actually read books and didn't draw pictures and eat glue in class.

Edited by Zip-Grad '13

this is football related but put here to avoid crazy:

“There’s nothing real magical about this, it’s distance and covering and washing your hands, it’s really basic stuff. But it’s the gathering together. One of the things I talked about today at our press conference, is that things that seem benign to people seem risk-free that at a regular time is pretty risk-free, for example being with family or being with friends can now turn out to be very dangerous. As we’re trying to figure it out as we look at the spread of the virus, one of the common themes is people who are having casual get-togethers of 10, 20, 40 people and they may know everybody there but that doesn’t give them any protection. It’s being in close proximity to people and you just extrapolate that to a ballpark, baseball or football stadium, and the same basic principles play out. You wouldn’t want people close standing in line to get a hot dog. You’d have to have the distance between people, you’d have to mark it off, just like they mark it off at Starbucks.”

DeWine is one of the governors who has been willing to issue a mask mandate, and he said that will only increase the chances of spectator sports.

“We think we’re headed in the right direction and one of the reasons we put masks on statewide is because we’re seeing good results,” he said. “If we can get 80-85 percent of the people in this state wearing masks regularly out in public when they’re interfacing with other people and if they keep social distancing, we can knock this virus on the head, we’re not going to get rid of it, it’s going to be with us until we have a vaccine, but we can knock it in the head pretty good and it’s going to make our fall look a whole lot better.”

On 7/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, JZIP said:

Ahhh just like the American media. Cheers! I hope you follow the "science" and never do anything semi-risky ever again. I heard that 100% of the people who drink water die. What a stat!

You graduated from The University of Akron?  Dear god...you're an embarrassment.  Crack open a epidemiology, biology, chemistry, zoology, genetics, and history textbook and; and then spend some time reading the published literature, research and data; then feel free to comment on SARS-CoV-2.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, GP1 said:

Don't worry, this will all be over come November 4th.  

No it won't.  It's not over until there is a viable vaccine, or 60-70% of the population has had SARS-CoV-2; that's the hard facts.

To put that infection % into context; you can have half a million (500,000) new cases a day and it will still take 362 days to reach 60% infected. We're unfortunately in this for the long haul until there's a vaccine.  There is literally no other option; because you either let it overwhelm your healthcare capacity (and destroy your economy in the meantime), or you wait it out until there is a vaccine (and mitigate the fallout as much as you can). Texas has hospitals triaging people as we speak, sending some home (to die).  Real life Pandemics aren't like you see in the movies.

Medurna's Phase III won't be concluded until about October 27th, and it's phase III peer-review will likely last into December, and Astrazeneca's phase 2 and Pase 3 will not be concluded until around the end of November.  Assuming those are successful, they will not be widespread to the public until about March/April of 2021... and that's IF they are successful.

Harvard Medical projected a "Return To Normal" (which would be pre-Covid) would be 2022.

This isn't political.  It's just hard freaking facts dude. Read/listen to anything by Michael Osterholm who is one of the country's top epidemiologists at the University of Minnesota.  Pretty much everything he has said from March till now has been spot-on.

Edited by Zip-Grad '13
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Zip-Grad '13 said:

"Corona Virus Will disappear [when Joe Biden gets in office] doesn't even qualify as futilely stupid take. 

Child please ! You have probably shaved twice in your life . Grow up ! Talk like a human and not an idiot kid that you are. Coming on here dogging everyone. 

8 hours ago, John Ward said:

Child please ! You have probably shaved twice in your life . Grow up ! Talk like a human and not an idiot kid that you are. Coming on here dogging everyone. 

Ah yes the "child" attack used against anyone who possibly knows more than you about a topic.  My uncle who barely got his GED loves to use that one.  But seriously bro...you can do better. MAKE AKRON GREAT AGAIN, and stop making Akron look like HillTop High with your brilliant takes.

And you weren't commenting like a child with your comment that doesn't even qualify as futilely stupid? Please.  PLEEEEASE take your juvenile level hypocrisy elsewhere.  And no I came on here to read everyone's take on UA making the "task-force" and saw uninformed comments being made about SARS-CoV-2. Misinformed ignorant comments made about a global pandemic, must be addressed. If you don't want to be dogged on and having more informed people calling you out for them than don't make the misinformed comments in the first place.

Good job editing out the rest of the comment though....

14 hours ago, Zip-Grad '13 said:

Crack open a epidemiology, biology, chemistry, zoology, genetics, and history textbook and; and then spend some time reading the published literature, research and data; then feel free to comment on SARS-CoV-2.

I'd be happy to direct you to resources for you to read, hell some of them you can even listen do, if you would like. 

Edited by Zip-Grad '13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zip-Grad '13 said:

Ah yes the "child" attack used against anyone who possibly knows more than you about a topic.  My uncle who barely got his GED loves to use that one.  But seriously bro...you can do better. MAKE AKRON GREAT AGAIN, and stop making Akron look like HillTop High with your brilliant takes.

And you weren't commenting like a child with your comment that doesn't even qualify as futilely stupid? Please.  PLEEEEASE take your juvenile level hypocrisy elsewhere.  And no I came on here to read everyone's take on UA making the "task-force" and saw uninformed comments being made about SARS-CoV-2. Misinformed ignorant comments made about a global pandemic, must be addressed. If you don't want to be dogged on and having more informed people calling you out for them than don't make the misinformed comments in the first place.

Good job editing out the rest of the comment though....

I'd be happy to direct you to resources for you to read, hell some of them you can even listen do, if you would like. 

Did you stay up all night proof reading and cutting and pasting your post there big fella? I think you just need to start your own thread that is titled “ Come Argue with a Fool” Enough said here!

For me, it's very simple.  When the medical EXPERTS, those with education and experience, tell me to do something, I do it.  If they want to give me advice on replacing brakes or how to bale a cake, no thanks.  If they want to dip into my area of expertise and give advice, no thanks.  They want to give me advice from their area of expertise as to how to avoid getting or spreading a pandemic virus, I'm taking it over the advice of angry internet posters.  I don't care what some of the doctors may have said months ago at the start of the epidemic.  It's quite easy to wear a mask and maintain social distance and I'd rather err on the side of caution.  You can't  reverse the time to wear it after Aunt Tilly drops dead.

Oh, and spare me the political talk.  I'm pretty darn conservative.  

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, zippy5 said:

Is there a mivid translator plugin we can install on Chrome?

you could think for yourself once sheep....soon fauchi will have you lemmings in hazmat suits....and you'll fully comply

“You Don’t Have a Choice – Normalcy Only Returns When We Largely Vaccinate the Entire Population” – Creepy Bill Gates Gets Creepier

dr gates....i'm sure you sheep will be first in line

A 35-year-old Florida roofer struck by lightning in late May was listed as a Coronavirus fatality

how many more? of course none of you lemmings would question what your tv says

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine Tests Negative For Covid-19 Hours After Testing Positive For Covid-19

HOW MANY MORE? fools